The Student Room Group

Really scared about uni exams!

Its so annoying because my first year actually counts. Ive done alright on the practice essays - I got a few firsts and 2/1s, but its much easier to do a practice essay when you spend hours doing them and have all the notes in front of you. I just don't get how I am going to write 3 big essays in 3 hours. I just don't think ion going to do well. I'm getting too nervous htat I can't even remember anything. This seems so much harder than a level exams! Any advice?
Original post by xx1t35
Its so annoying because my first year actually counts. Ive done alright on the practice essays - I got a few firsts and 2/1s, but its much easier to do a practice essay when you spend hours doing them and have all the notes in front of you. I just don't get how I am going to write 3 big essays in 3 hours. I just don't think ion going to do well. I'm getting too nervous htat I can't even remember anything. This seems so much harder than a level exams! Any advice?
If timing is a worry for you then just practice some exams, timing yourself. Will you have some idea of what the questions will be? If so, get planning so you know exactly what you want to say. Also bare in mind there's only so much that you is humanly possible to write in that amount of time, don't expect miracles of yourself when everyone else is up against the same time constraints as you.
The teaching staff will have different expectations in terms of the calibre of essay written in an exam context vs one written in term time. You'll need to be agile with your material, not verbose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending