The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Well I don't know any major details but I know for sure that they have a disability centre, I've walked past it many times (If this is what you are enquiring about).

http://www.equality.leeds.ac.uk/

Check the website above out, it has a lot of information about students who may have various mental/physical health problems. I know this isn't specifically about mental health problems but I know someone who has a sight issue and he gets a lot of support from the university such as lecture notes with extra big fonts so he can read them properly. Also I know someone who is dyslexic and he is happy that he gets a lot of support off the university :smile:

I don't think you need to worry about support from any unviersity, I am sure they all will have a vast range of services and support available. Of course if you have any problems you should try ringing the university as early as possible, they will try and sort any problems out and help you with any issues you be wondering about :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey, I am at Leeds uni, and know for a fact they are brilliant with mental health issues. There is all types of support available including the Leeds Student Councelling Centre and they are brilliant. They run one to one appointments as well as having groups to go to. It is very popular, and is a great resource. The uni is also exceptionally good for understanding mental health issues etc. If you want to know more just send me a pm :smile:
Reply 3
Oh forgot to say but also Leeds seem to do a great "mentor" scheme. I've been in lectures and seminars with people who have varying type of disabilities and they have a "helper" person with them to help them with notes and to support their learning. I'm very impressed with the support that I've seen at Leeds and I don't even have first hand experience with it :biggrin:
Reply 4
ooo thanks for the replys peeps xxxxxx

Latest