The Student Room Group

GCSE's are too easy.

I'm in year 10, with mocks in about 2 weeks. All the subjects I'm doing are far more simple than I thought they would be, and I'm always ahead of most of my class (excluding my twin - good competition). It's lead to spending around 80% of my time waiting for others to catch up because I've finished early, or sitting through presentations that move to slowly to even be used as revision. Its got to the point where I only enjoy maths (the teacher gives me extra work), English (lots of my friends are in that class and the teacher likes to test 'alternative teaching'), and PE (it's not so easy). I don't think I can face another year and a 1/3 of this.

The boredom has started to really get to me, does anyone have any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do them early, start a levels just like @thekidwhogames did
Listen Mr too big for your boots, enjoy it while you can.

When A levels roll around you'll be reminiscing on the good life.
maybe you need to revise English

Cuz it’s GCSEs

No apostrophes

K

Jk
Enjoy the journey. Most people have it far harder than you.
Maybe start a hobby outside of school e.g. a musical instrument, sport, cooking
Reply 5
Original post by Dontkmowwhat
I'm in year 10, with mocks in about 2 weeks. All the subjects I'm doing are far more simple than I thought they would be, and I'm always ahead of most of my class (excluding my twin - good competition). It's lead to spending around 80% of my time waiting for others to catch up because I've finished early, or sitting through presentations that move to slowly to even be used as revision. Its got to the point where I only enjoy maths (the teacher gives me extra work), English (lots of my friends are in that class and the teacher likes to test 'alternative teaching':wink:, and PE (it's not so easy). I don't think I can face another year and a 1/3 of this.

read ahead and finish sections of the courses and then talk to your teachers about doing exams early/get given alternative work.
Original post by faith 101
maybe you need to revise English

Cuz it’s GCSEs

No apostrophes

K

Jk

Oops - You can see grammar isn't exactly a strong point. Thanks for pointing it out though.
make revision notes.
Ohhh SORRY Mr clever
Reply 9
loll people are being so petty haha
Tbh good for you this would definitely help you for Alevels, you'll start advantaged
Also if you feel so positive is really good it means your study method works very well for you this will make your Alevel years easy a f
Enjoy it while it lasts - A Levels and university are not so easy. GCSEs seem like a walk in the park looking back at them.

As others have suggested, do something productive with your time. If you're going on to A-Levels, start reading up on those subjects and getting to know the topics, maybe if you want to go to uni start researching courses and places you may want to go. Or if you'd rather do something less academic, start a hobby. Baking or cooking are really good skills to have - maybe join a sports club or another club that interests you.

No point sitting there moaning about how clever you are and not do anything about it. Or, perhaps offer to help some other students who are struggling (without making yourself seem as arrogant as you are now).
lol. I wish.
after doing a levels, looking back, i don't see why i was so stressed about the gcses :rofl:

i had a somewhat similar experience with mathematics, usually the pace of the class was quite slow, understandably so as the teacher was helping those struggling, but personally i didn't find that i was progressing as much as i was wanting by just finishing the work and that's it. really with these things it's a matter of two things

1) sit back, chill, enjoy it, provided you're still smashing exams and the work then just chill

2) try and push yourself, you need to be challenged, if you're bored in general take up a hobby, a sport, an instrument, perhaps programming maybe, something like that, potentially go a step up, this is why we did Additional Maths GCSE, to take it up a notch, read up on some challenging GCSE problems, or that grade 9 book or whatever, if that is too easy, read up on AS topics, they're not a far cry from GCSE, especially on pure.

If you don't you'll just end up wasting away and rusting.
(edited 6 years ago)
read ahead.

while everyone says "wait until A-levels" - if you're the type to breeze through GCSEs and start A-level reading before year 12, you'll find that the step up is greatly overexaggerated.
just chil and enjoy the freedom😂 after gcses once a levels kick in it’ll b a different ball game
So what did you get in your mocks?
boy you have no idea what's in store for you

see the thing is with gcses you can get away with an A or a B just by revising the night before an exam

with a-levels if you do that , you will most likely get an E or a U
Original post by Dontkmowwhat
I'm in year 10, with mocks in about 2 weeks. All the subjects I'm doing are far more simple than I thought they would be, and I'm always ahead of most of my class (excluding my twin - good competition). It's lead to spending around 80% of my time waiting for others to catch up because I've finished early, or sitting through presentations that move to slowly to even be used as revision. Its got to the point where I only enjoy maths (the teacher gives me extra work), English (lots of my friends are in that class and the teacher likes to test 'alternative teaching'), and PE (it's not so easy). I don't think I can face another year and a 1/3 of this.

I feel the same way as you. But lucky for me in 2 months it will all be over... Try going outside of the curriculum for the subjects you want to study for a-level. This should keep you motivated in your subject.
Aaah, enjoy it and don't complain. A lot of people struggle a lot with GCSES so count yourself lucky. Don't worry, A-Levels have a lot more in store for you...
Maybe try help out some of the kids who aren’t finding it so easy? I had a bunch of “top set” friends who helped me with my homework at lunchtimes because my parents were as useless with it as I was. They felt clever and charitable when they could scoff at how ‘easy’ my homework was and I didn’t get in trouble for not doing my homework. Win win! :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest