The Student Room Group

LAW: Cambridge Harvard LLM/JD Program ( and other questions)

I’m interested in studying Law at Trinity College and intend to proceed with the application process this coming fall.
Background:

I graduated ( Class of 2017)magma *** laude (3.7 GPA) in Political Science and Philosophy from Columbia University. Hopefully I will be beginning my graduate studies in human rights law ( ma NOT llm) this fall.

I’m currently 20 years of age so I will be 21/22 when I begin Law school - assuming, of course, I am accepted.

Questions:

1) How does Cambridge typically view candidates with my profile? In other words, does my mature-student status hinder my chances to be accepted?
2) how does the Cambridge Harvard LLM/JD program work? Despite being a U.K. national I intend to return to the US to pursue an SJD.

I would greatly appreciate so insight and advice. Please excuse how early this is posted.

Sincerest Thanks in Advance.
Reply 1
1) I intend to spend a couple of years in academia ( or private practice) before going onto practice as a human Rights lawyer. The MA program is at the University of Manchester who offer a graduate degree in the aforementioned subject. I have recently obtained U.K. citizenship. Apologies.

2) interesting. I asked this because LSE and UCL offered joint JD and LLB programs to read at Columbia.

3) I would like to read Law in the U.K. seeing as I cannot afford the expenses for legal education in the US.

4) Harvard Law school site indicates that recent LLM grads from their law school and readily accepted onto the program.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I will take your arguments in consideration. Thank you.

Also, if I did apply to trinity college, how would the tutors view me as a candidate? Assuming I even did apply?
Reply 3
How strong of a candidate would I be if I applied for the normal 3-year Law Degree?
Reply 4
How strong of a candidate would I be if I applied for the normal 3-year Law Degree?
Reply 5
Original post by wla01284
I will take your arguments in consideration. Thank you.

Also, if I did apply to trinity college, how would the tutors view me as a candidate? Assuming I even did apply?

I suggest you contact Trinity and a few other colleges and ask them. Each college is responsible for its own undergraduate admissions and may view your situation differently.

You should specifically contact 1 or 2 mature colleges (eg Wolfson) also.

To be clear, the Law department is responsible for much of your teaching, not your college. You graduate with the same BA whether you go to Trinity or Wolfson.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending