The Student Room Group

Donald Trump to visit UK in July

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hopefully there will be some kind of peaceful rally that will show solidarity AGAINST this nutjob and prove that the majority of Brits have no place in their hearts or minds for someone like him. Views like his are NOT welcome in our country.
Reply 61
Original post by So-Sarah
doubt there'll be much protesting other that the usual sad old SWP hippy types - most people here actually quite like Trump

I love the Donald!

Do you genuinely believe this?
Original post by Moura
Hopefully there will be some kind of peaceful rally that will show solidarity AGAINST this nutjob and prove that the majority of Brits have no place in their hearts or minds for someone like him. Views like his are NOT welcome in our country.

Nope. Me and the boys are gonna scrap him.
Trumps gonna get wrapped. If he steps in london hes done for.
Reply 64
Original post by mojosodope
Nope. Me and the boys are gonna scrap him.

remember: his hands are his weakness
Original post by Moura
remember: his hands are his weakness

True. Ill bottle him
Tronald Dump
I can already fell that the protests will be full of Antifa thugs with masks and baseball bats just beating people up and shouting nonsense like "RACIST, RACIST, RACIST..." and don't expect the police to tackle them as they will probably be siding with these idiots.
Original post by L S
The man has been president since the beginning of 2017. By staging protests in order to intentionally prevent a democratically elected head of state from visiting a country, they're not only showing themselves to be incredibly petty and inconsiderate: they're also showing themselves to be anti-democratic.

Ironically, that's the VERY NATURE of a democratic state and democracy as a whole. WE ARE ALLOWED to protest and voice our concerns.
What you're saying is anti-democratic!
You guys can keep him.
Original post by 999tigger
It is a bad idea imo too soon and there are going to be mass protests , which wont do anything for UK/US relations which already seem to have been ironically taken over by France.

Macron did a clever act, being warm and friendly to Trump when meeting him and then attacking everything Trump stands for when talking to Congress. I wonder if he will be invited again. :teehee:
Original post by Moura

That would be best - a huge, completely peaceful but vocal mass march.

This morning the experts were talking about how Trump will be kept from seeing or interacting with protest at every stage, flying by chopper directly in and out of the palace, etc. Apparently, the leader of the human race chooses not to interact with that race, if at all possible.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That would be best - a huge, completely peaceful but vocal mass march.

This morning the experts were talking about how Trump will be kept from seeing or interacting with protest at every stage, flying by chopper directly in and out of the palace, etc. Apparently, the leader of the human race chooses not to interact with that race, if at all possible.

However peaceful you intend to make it, it will still be considered a public nuisance to certain people and eat into this country's police resources.
Original post by L S
However peaceful you intend to make it, it will still be considered a public nuisance to certain people and eat into this country's police resources.

Perhaps you'd like to cancel democracy altogether, on the grounds that it costs money?

Anyway, we can send the bill to Trump's supporters like Nigel Farage - a very rich man, with lots of non-repaid expense accounts at UKIP and the EU - or Steve Bannon and his friends at Cambridge Analytica, who misused our data to elect Trump.
Original post by Doonesbury
Friday 13th.

What could possibly go wrong.

Put the Home Office in charge of arrangements?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Perhaps you'd like to cancel democracy altogether, on the grounds that it costs money?

Perhaps you'd like to cancel pragmatism altogether, on the grounds that you think people should have to be forced to listen to your opinion?
Original post by L S
Perhaps you'd like to cancel pragmatism altogether, on the grounds that you think people should have to be forced to listen to your opinion?

Nah, let the hypocrisy play out in the streets. Regrettable that they can't see past the ends of their own noses, but necessary in a free and fair society.
Reply 77
Original post by L S

who cares? we have a right to peacefully protest and the police are there to support our rights. are you suggesting we just never protest anything because it'll affect the police budget?
Original post by Moura
who cares? we have a right to peacefully protest and the police are there to support our rights. are you suggesting we just never protest anything because it'll affect the police budget?

I'm certainly opposed to this particular kind of action that you and others appear to be in favour of, because I don't consider there to be any net societal benefits from it.
Reply 79
Original post by L S
I'm certainly opposed to this particular kind of action that you and others appear to be in favour of, because I don't consider there to be any net societal benefits from it.

So basically protests should only go ahead if you personally agree with them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending