The Student Room Group

Miscellaneous Thread VII

Scroll to see replies

Can't believe she's 38. Aged like fine wine.

He's got to be the most overrated impressionist around, each of these barely sound vaguely like who they are supposed to be.
Reply 1984

I can't believe he still has more goals than Willian.

Actually I can.
Some of the reaction to the terrorist attack recently in NZ is truly bizarre. News reporters and the PM donning a hijab etc. And feminists in general celebrating the hijab? Dont they realise how oppressive and submissive a symbol this is? Try spending a day in the middle east and trying *not* to wear a hijab and tell the religious police that you're a "feminist" and see the reaction....

Ridiculous, brain dead people...
Original post by Zürich
Some of the reaction to the terrorist attack recently in NZ is truly bizarre. News reporters and the PM donning a hijab etc. And feminists in general celebrating the hijab? Dont they realise how oppressive and submissive a symbol this is? Try spending a day in the middle east and trying *not* to wear a hijab and tell the religious police that you're a "feminist" and see the reaction....

Ridiculous, brain dead people...

Completely disagree. They're trying to show solidarity with a specific group by being respectful - at muslim funerals generally everyone will have their head covered (men wear the cap and women wear the hijab). Obviously this wasn't the funeral but it was at a place of mourning for the victims.

Then you go into the fact that you are mixing the culture/law of a specific area with how individuals feel about the hijab in their choice if they want to wear or not. Trying to base how you behave by comparing against the worst in society is hardly going to make you a better person now is it?

As a side point, do you think it is oppressive how in the West you are bombarded with overly-sexualised symbols at every juncture? Women only judged in the media based on what (or how little) they wear. Only those who are deemed attractive and flaunt it are the ones who get the media attention. The "role models" set for young girls. You don't see an advert on TV or plastered around without a semi naked woman on it. Basically teaching girls that unless they sexual or dress (next to nothing) to fit in then they don't have "freedom".
Reply 1987
Can't everybody just get along?
Nipsey Hussle shot dead today man, so sad. Feel for Lauren London and his children...
Original post by chigyy
Nipsey Hussle shot dead today man, so sad. Feel for Lauren London and his children...

**** man...

There was literally a video of them both answering couple questions just 3 days ago as well...
Original post by Renaissance-Man
**** man...

There was literally a video of them both answering couple questions just 3 days ago as well...

Yeh it's proper upsetting. He was doing big things as well, really good heart.
Mike Dean 100 Premier League red cards: Statistics and social media reaction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47795794

Too funny :rofl:
Reply 1992
so you get managers and players blaming the victims of racial abuse for being racially abused yet people don't think these said managers and players who eventually become key media figures in sport don't casually perpetuate racism...

@chigyy Real tears in my eyes man :frown: Victory Lap was just a masterpiece album man so sad this talent is gone.

@chigyy Real tears in my eyes man :frown: Victory Lap was just a masterpiece album man so sad this talent is gone.

Yeh love that album man. Crenshaw is my favourite though.

I think he was working on a new piece as well, sad we'll never get to hear it. But in all honesty, I really feel for Lauren man, that's the type of love I'm tryna find and to get it taken away over some bs is so hard to comprehend.

https://twitter.com/2flyy_ky/status/1112545471757762561 Came across this video today, fkn legend.
Original post by chigyy
Yeh love that album man. Crenshaw is my favourite though.

I think he was working on a new piece as well, sad we'll never get to hear it. But in all honesty, I really feel for Lauren man, that's the type of love I'm tryna find and to get it taken away over some bs is so hard to comprehend.

https://twitter.com/2flyy_ky/status/1112545471757762561 Came across this video today, fkn legend.

Yeah Drake and Wiz both said how they were going to make new music with him this year.

Lauren a real queen, she always stuck by her King. The way she looked at him man (see Double Up vid), I hope we can all find that typa love one day.

Love like that is rare these days though, you'll see peng AF girls but most of them be stupid AF. Social media is to partly to blame because it seems these days all women are obsessed about is insta, only fans pages/admire me and twitter.

Damn, that slap was cold :lol: p.s. Crenshaw is on repeat too :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah Drake and Wiz both said how they were going to make new music with him this year.

Lauren a real queen, she always stuck by her King. The way she looked at him man (see Double Up vid), I hope we can all find that typa love one day.

Love like that is rare these days though, you'll see peng AF girls but most of them be stupid AF. Social media is to partly to blame because it seems these days all women are obsessed about is insta, only fans pages/admire me and twitter.

Damn, that slap was cold :lol: p.s. Crenshaw is on repeat too :biggrin:

Edumacation.
Original post by James.Carnell
Edumacation.

On God.
On God.

You know what bro, you guys have it good up in Newcastle, birds are decent there and in Manchester. But Liverpool? Don't get this whole pyjamas business man. Soniamdisappoint.
Original post by James.Carnell
You know what bro, you guys have it good up in Newcastle, birds are decent there and in Manchester. But Liverpool? Don't get this whole pyjamas business man. Soniamdisappoint.

Birds in Newcastle decent? All I'm seeing is duck lips, caked make up, annoying accents and thots :lol:

Manchester has way better quality by far tbh dunno about Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest