The Student Room Group

Miscellaneous Thread VII

Scroll to see replies

You're right. But also don't disrespect Batman like that.

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 801
Original post by Fizzel
Trumps campaign promises, all the Trumpy stuff like allowing torture, spending massively on roads and other domestic projects, pulling out of Nato, the Border wall, total Muslim ban. These things haven't happened. The stuff that has happened, tax cuts, Obamacare attacks, pro-Israel, conservative SCOTUS picks, deregulation with Paris climate deal, Hawkish stance on Iran. Those are things that would have been likely under any GOP candidate.

Trump in the media and Trump when he's working with Ryan and cocaine Mitch are two different people. He won't admit it because his base of support would be pissed if they realised they might as well have elected Jeb Bush, and the Dems are happy to proclaim he's the worst thing ever but his tariff policy aside he's an establishment candidate with a lit twitter account.

Trump is not as much of an idiot as people think. Either he thought he was going to do this things and congress said no and he's settled on this domestic focus and try to weaken the likes of China in the process or he knew this from the start but realised there was no way he would be president with no political pedigree without having a sort of edge to him and having a core fanbase that would be around in swing states.

The immigration would be an issue that other republican candidates would have focused on too, not as gimmicky as build a wall ofc. I think he's reigned down on some of the talk from before though.
Reply 802
"ACTUALLY it's not been 28 years since England reached the world cup semi final, the women did it 3 years ago"

Seen far too many people saying this. So retarded
Reply 803
Original post by difeo
"ACTUALLY it's not been 28 years since England reached the world cup semi final, the women did it 3 years ago"

Channel 4 had to do that apology tweet. Still technically got it wrong because England reached the semi finals (and won the whole competition) of the U17 and U20 World Cup.
Reply 804
Original post by S.G.
Channel 4 had to do that apology tweet. Still technically got it wrong because England reached the semi finals (and won the whole competition) of the U17 and U20 World Cup.

The cerebral palsy team too. Anyone making such a comment is ageist, ableist scum
Reply 805
Original post by difeo

cuck
Reply 806
Barça’s announcement videos have been shocking. Worse than Rudiger’s.
@bj27 you'll be pleased to know your pre World Cup recommendation on how to behave has brought out a bad side of me.
Don't see how the Qatar world cup is going to work in line with the European leagues. November 21 - December 18. Teams will want at least two weeks preparation. How are you going to put the league's on hold for 6 weeks and then have Christmas straight after?
Reply 809
Original post by So Instinct

@trapking Did you like xxxtentacion?

This is probably one of his best songs:

[video="youtube;KyAcMpQUY5s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAcMpQUY5s[/video]

@bj27 thoughts?
Reply 810
Must have been a lot of mullah offered to FIFA For them to consider such a big break in the season like this. Then again they're dealing with Qatari's here..
Original post by trapking
This is probably one of his best songs:

@bj27 thoughts?

I like most of the album so yeah good song. I fw Gambino's new drop, Summertime Magic.

[video="youtube;diLp6hUqvVk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLp6hUqvVk[/video]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 812
I like most of the album so yeah good song. I fw Gambino's new drop, Summertime Magic.

Damn, them summertime vibes. I like this.
Slipped a disc in the lower back this morning. Looks like i'm going to be out of serious lifting for a while. Funny thing is, it was so random, I was not even lifting, I was training a few days ago and absolutely no sign of an injury. I was just sitting down in front of the computer and when i got up.. severe pain.

It's been a bit of a recurring problem over the years.
Reply 814
Original post by James.Carnell
Slipped a disc in the lower back this morning. Looks like i'm going to be out of serious lifting for a while. Funny thing is, it was so random, I was not even lifting, I was training a few days ago and absolutely no sign of an injury. I was just sitting down in front of the computer and when i got up.. severe pain.

Get well soon bruh. I injured my knee as well and I wasn't lifting too :frown:

Was about to jump in the shower then accidentally slipped and hit the corner of my knee on the mini sink thing. Struggled to walk for days, it was extremely painful. Pain is gone now but my knee isn't back to 100% feels more like 90%.
Original post by trapking
Get well soon bruh. I injured my knee as well and I wasn't lifting too :frown:

Was about to jump in the shower then accidentally slipped and hit the corner of my knee on the mini sink thing. Struggled to walk for days, it was extremely painful. Pain is gone now but my knee isn't back to 100% feels more like 90%.

Oh man that sucks.

Yeah, I think the fact that i'm hunched over a computer all day in the office really is not helping. I think it must have been an injury picked up from training a few days ago, or something that just got progressively worse without me realising. Slipped discs do turn into sharp pain out of a sudden in a lot of cases.

Yeah, i'm struggling to walk at the moment too.
Reply 816
Oh man that sucks.

Yeah, I think the fact that i'm hunched over a computer all day in the office really is not helping. I think it must have been an injury picked up from training a few days ago, or something that just got progressively worse without me realising. Slipped discs do turn into sharp pain out of a sudden in a lot of cases.

Yeah, i'm struggling to walk at the moment too.

You could buy a Lumbar Spinal belt to wear underneath to help with your recovery and take anti inflammatory tablets to help with the pain.

Where you deadlifting super heavy or squatting heavy?
Been doing cardio about 5 times a week with kettlebells thrown in every 2-3 days. Muscles feel stiff and sometimes tense, especially in the morning right after I've woken up, is that due to lack of stretching? I tried one day on one day off in terms of cardio but didn't make any significant difference.
(edited 5 years ago)

Had an MRI?

Been doing cardio about 5 times a week with kettlebells thrown in every 2-3 days. Muscles feel stiff and sometimes tense, especially in the morning right after I've woken up, is that due to lack of stretching? I tried one day on one day off in terms of cardio but didn't make any significant difference.

That's DOMS
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 819
Rarely get injured(talking like one injury a decade if that and I heal quicker than expected too). I'm kinda lucky but I take care of my body well now, doing a Ronaldo with my diet rn. The summer body is beautiful. Veins popping, natty abs. I need to get the chest going up a bit more and get the biceps bigger(my triceps are pretty well toned). Problem with long arms is that you need bigger muscles for it to look nice. Legs are nice and veiny though especially in the summer.

Have that nice golden brown glow in the sun and veins that make a vampire wet dream.

Sometimes I get small back pain from a dodgy bed but it goes the second I start exercising.

Is it usually in the areas you've worked with the kettlebells or the areas you work with cardio?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest