The Student Room Group

Grading

Bit confused on this matter.
This is what it says on my University website in regards to grading:
Calculation of the final weighted average mark for credit framework degrees for students registered from academic session 2010/11 onwards. Students are normally required to make a valid attempt at modules which total 360 credits overall.

To graduate students must normally have successfully completed 360 credits, of which at least 90 credits must be passed in the final year. However where modules have been failed and all three permitted attempts have been used, a student may be awarded a maximum of 60 compensated credits. Information regarding the compensation of failed modules is in the Assessment Regulations.

The overall average mark ‘M’ for each candidate is the weighted average of the marks on 300 credits, comprising the 90 credits Level 4 (year one) and the best 210 credits at levels 5 and 6 (years two and three). If necessary, marks on one or more failed modules are included. Level 4 modules are given less weight than modules at the higher level.

The calculator will use the best 90 credit marks in the first year and the best 105 credit marks in each of years two and three, and weights those marks in the ratio of 1:3:5, to calculate the overall average mark of the student profile.

I, unfortunately, achieved a low 2:2 (52.5%) in my first year. I was wondering what classifications I will need to get in year 2 and 3 (each) to achieve an overall, let's say, 2:1?
Original post by sabrina_mash
Bit confused on this matter.
This is what it says on my University website in regards to grading:
Calculation of the final weighted average mark for credit framework degrees for students registered from academic session 2010/11 onwards. Students are normally required to make a valid attempt at modules which total 360 credits overall.

To graduate students must normally have successfully completed 360 credits, of which at least 90 credits must be passed in the final year. However where modules have been failed and all three permitted attempts have been used, a student may be awarded a maximum of 60 compensated credits. Information regarding the compensation of failed modules is in the Assessment Regulations.

The overall average mark ‘M’ for each candidate is the weighted average of the marks on 300 credits, comprising the 90 credits Level 4 (year one) and the best 210 credits at levels 5 and 6 (years two and three). If necessary, marks on one or more failed modules are included. Level 4 modules are given less weight than modules at the higher level.

The calculator will use the best 90 credit marks in the first year and the best 105 credit marks in each of years two and three, and weights those marks in the ratio of 1:3:5, to calculate the overall average mark of the student profile.

I, unfortunately, achieved a low 2:2 (52.5%) in my first year. I was wondering what classifications I will need to get in year 2 and 3 (each) to achieve an overall, let's say, 2:1?

I believe it would be just under 61%. Barely any difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending