The Student Room Group

Extra time

I'm in year 12 and I'm doing mocks at the end of the year and I don't speak English as my first language so I'm eligible for extra time but I did not realise this until a couple of days ago. apparently the deadline for this was a couple of weeks ago however because this is a mock do they have the right to not give me extra time. This extra time will be useful as these mocks have a direct impact on my predicted grades next year.
If you missed the deadline then you're too late...
Reply 2
You have been misinformed: having English as a second language is not a reason for extra time. If you move to the UK having never learnt any English you are allowed a dictionary and 10% extra time for up to 3 years after arriving though not for A levels.
Reply 3
I missed the dealine for the real exam's if i was to get an a level qualification however these exams are for the school only to give me a predicted grade for next year. surely the deadline for that shouldnt matter in this senario
Reply 4
moved to the UK within that time period so i should be ok?
Original post by Compost
You have been misinformed: having English as a second language is not a reason for extra time. If you move to the UK having never learnt any English you are allowed a dictionary and 10% extra time for up to 3 years after arriving though not for A levels.
Reply 5
Original post by LekaD
moved to the UK within that time period so i should be ok?

Only if:

You spoke no English when you arrived.

You are only taking GCSE level qualifications, not AS or A level.

Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Only if:

You spoke no English when you arrived.

You are only taking GCSE level qualifications, not AS or A level.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest