The Student Room Group

Extra time in a level exams

i was given extra time throughout my GCSES but my high school have decided to tell my college that i didn't get extra time but rest breaks instead which is not true and i don't know where to find proof!
Hello.

I think you would need to tell your college that this was not true. Moreover, you are going to a different institution now and you could possibly request directly for them to give you extra time for exams. I am not too sure how you go about doing this, but ask a member of teaching staff and/or your personal tutor how to go about getting extra time for A level examinations and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope this helped :smile:
Original post by IMABUFF
i was given extra time throughout my GCSES but my high school have decided to tell my college that i didn't get extra time but rest breaks instead which is not true and i don't know where to find proof!
You should have an ILP [Individual learning plan] that states this. Additional time is given as 'normal classroom practice] ie all tests - if you just got it for exams then that was wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
You should have an ILP [Individual learning plan] that states this. Additional time is given as 'normal classroom practice] ie all tests - if you just got it for exams then that was wrong.
i didn't have an ILP, i was given extra time for my GCSES as in y11 my mental health went really down and i was seeing a psychiatrist as well as dealing with migraines, i had a seperate neurologist. Due to all these migraines and anxiety, i was given extra time. Its still something i deal with but i can't seem to get anywhere based on proof because i've been discharged and i'm now seeing a different therapist.
Original post by IMABUFF
i didn't have an ILP, i was given extra time for my GCSES as in y11 my mental health went really down and i was seeing a psychiatrist as well as dealing with migraines, i had a seperate neurologist. Due to all these migraines and anxiety, i was given extra time. Its still something i deal with but i can't seem to get anywhere based on proof because i've been discharged and i'm now seeing a different therapist.
You still have been given something or have some paperwork. You can't just get extra tme for formal exams.

Quick Reply

Latest