The Student Room Group

How much to charge for cookie jars?

Hi,
I'm planning on selling 1l glass jars filled with the dry ingredients for brownies, cookies, cupcakes, flapjacks, gingerbread men etc. complete with the instructions (cookie cutter if required) dressed up nicely with ribbon and a nice label design (not just written in biro or smth) at craft/school fairs and perhaps on etsy too. (to raise funds, not just for personal spending)
How much would you pay for this? Would you buy it for yourself or as a gift? Who would you buy it for?
I know some people sell them for £10 but I feel like people wouldn't be willing to pay this?
Something like this (including the layers):

Thanks in advance :smile: (can I bribe you to answer with reps?:hubba::lol:)

sorry also if this is in the wrong forum- I never know which to post in :colondollar:
tbh, I can't see myself spending more than a fiver on something like this, but I wouldn't want it for myself, I'd probably give it to my gran as a present or something. The only people who would buy this are parents getting it for their kids
They're so cute!

I'd buy it for myself or as a gift for one of my friends. The most I'd pay would be £7 :yep:
Reply 3
cool!! nice work. is this for charity or just yourself? personally i can't see it more than 6.
Work out the cost to make it and then add a bit on.
Where you are selling it may effect the price, if you're in a more higher end place then you could get away with maybe £5-7 otherwise but I'd personally wouldn't want to spend more £3-4.
Do you know how much it'll cost you to make?
Original post by Joleee
cool!! nice work. is this for charity or just yourself? personally i can't see it more than 6.

It's for raising money for my world challenge expedition on which I will be doing charity work 😊
Reply 6
Original post by Sciencenerd101
It's for raising money for my world challenge expedition on which I will be doing charity work 😊

that's awesome! okay wait i'm confused; did you make those? they look professionally done.
Original post by AzureCeleste
Work out the cost to make it and then add a bit on.
Where you are selling it may effect the price, if you're in a more higher end place then you could get away with maybe £5-7 otherwise but I'd personally wouldn't want to spend more £3-4.
Do you know how much it'll cost you to make?

All less than £2
Original post by Joleee
that's awesome! okay wait i'm confused; did you make those? they look professionally done.

Haha no I wish! I have made them before as gifts but these are just Google images to qive an idea of what they'd look like :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest