The Student Room Group

ICT AQA - AS Info 1 & 2 - 2018 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

This is the office thread for this course! Any resources of tips? remember your coursework for info 1!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is ICT still going on? I thought they got scrapped last year
Reply 2
Original post by dddd1
Is ICT still going on? I thought they got scrapped last year

This is the last year!
Reply 3
Are you resiting or? Anyhow it is one of the most pointless and easiest Alevels you can do, I completely dossed around in ICT lessons and still got an A eventhough I had a D in info 4 the coursework. Just make sure you know how to answer the qs as they are repetitive as f**k and look at how many marks is each q worth and write a point per mark.
Reply 4
Original post by dddd1
Are you resiting or? Anyhow it is one of the most pointless and easiest Alevels you can do, I completely dossed around in ICT lessons and still got an A eventhough I had a D in info 4 the coursework. Just make sure you know how to answer the qs as they are repetitive as f**k and look at how many marks is each q worth and write a point per mark.

Yes resetting it! I got 55/80 in my info 4 coursework! Thanks for the tips! lots of repetitive question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
I haven't touched ICT yet. Im absolutely F*cked. Hey, i have a whole day to learn a whole years of content ESKETITTT
Reply 6
The paper last year was different to the others so I’m confused what do I need to revise? I don’t have the time to revise for it and I cannot spend more than 3/4 days on it cuz I’ve got still 10 exams to go
Reply 7
Original post by Nimzino_
I haven't touched ICT yet. Im absolutely F*cked. Hey, i have a whole day to learn a whole years of content ESKETITTT

Just revise past papers. Loads of repeated questions from year to year! You will be fine!
Reply 8
Original post by SRkisuvi
The paper last year was different to the others so I’m confused what do I need to revise? I don’t have the time to revise for it and I cannot spend more than 3/4 days on it cuz I’ve got still 10 exams to go

What? Info 1 is tomorrow! You don't have 3/4 days to revise it!
Reply 9
My predictions on questions:

1) 20 marker either a question about the ICT needed when going on holiday or the ICT needed when an entrepreneur sets up a business!

2) 10-12 marker about either testing or input, output processing.

3) 10-12 marker about system or application software.

4) Health and safety as it relates to ICT
Original post by bigboxman8
Just revise past papers. Loads of repeated questions from year to year! You will be fine!

That's what ive done still know im failing tho
Original post by bigboxman8
What? Info 1 is tomorrow! You don't have 3/4 days to revise it!

Hahaha sorry and don’t worry I’m a resort for info 2 not info 1 good luck though if your a resit for info 1🍀
Guysssss i tried to do those past papers but they’ve got a few of them and not Really much. In maths they’ve got like 10000 past papers and in ict Ikust found like 10 past papers sooo is that the one I need to revise or ?
I’ve found a page (freeexampapers.com) and they’ve got every single paper but I’m confused cuz they’ve got about 100 papers and not every paper is about info 2 so i don’t know which paper to look ar
Does anyone have any predictions of what would come up for info 2.
I feel like for the 20 marker a question on section 9 - consequences of the use of ICT may come up as there has not been a question on it in a while. Im not sure tho, its just a guess :smile:
I’ve found a page (freeexampapers.com) and they’ve got every single paper but I’m confused cuz they’ve got about 100 papers and not every paper is about info 2 so i don’t know which paper to look ar

I looked at the website and they have all the ICT exam papers from like 2010.
please give more tips on the 20 markers for ict info 2
Hahaha sorry and don’t worry I’m a resort for info 2 not info 1 good luck though if your a resit for info 1🍀

please help with info 2
Do you think they'd be sneaky enough to put in anything about GDPR in a legislation question?
Original post by emilybrand_
Do you think they'd be sneaky enough to put in anything about GDPR in a legislation question?

maybe, i think it best to revise it just in case

Quick Reply

Latest