The Student Room Group

State your unpopular opinion. People can only reply with ‘Agree’ or ‘Disagree’

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentmoments
The only reason why I’d disagree is if someone is convicted of rape or murder but then it is discovered that the person was innocent. If they were in jail then at least you could release them.

this. agree
Unpopular opinion: small boobs are nicer than big boobs.
Catcalls are weak immature pick up lines, rude but not sexist
Plus size clothing normalises obesity?
Original post by borborygmus
coconut water tastes ****

also brad pitt isnt that hot

Agree
Original post by username4197586
Unpopular opinion: small boobs are nicer than big boobs.

Agree

Original post by MikeyA
Catcalls are weak immature pick up lines, rude but not sexist

Disagree.

Men are never catcalled. Ever. At least I have never seen it other than for a social experiment...
So they don’t know how it feels.
(edited 5 years ago)
Disagree.

Plus size clothing only meets the demand of customers that seek to buy larger sizes. Similar to retailers that stock adult sizes below size 6.
Not many mass market retailers stock garments large enough for the obese.

Original post by gracielyons15
Plus size clothing normalises obesity?
Original post by londonmyst
Disagree.

Plus size clothing only meets the demand of customers that seek to buy larger sizes. Similar to retailers that stock adult sizes below size 6.
Not many mass market retailers stock garments large enough for the obese.

I agree with the first 2 sentences but I also disagree slightly because many high street brands now carry sizes up to around a uk 20 (some larger)... this is clearly not a healthy size to be yet the garments are readily available. I find this questionable because I don’t know about you but I’ve never seen clothing smaller than a size 4 in any shop and for the most part size 6 is the smallest easily found. Obviously we can’t remove all clothing over a size 14 ish but it would make more sense to me to remove the largest sizes like the smallest are because being under or over weight shouldn’t be encouraged in any form.
Affirmative action in college admissions is blatant racism. You should be awarded admission on individual merit, not the colour of your skin.
I've never seen above size 16 but have seen tiny sizes in high st shops-
Size 4, 2 and 0.
I have female friends from Tibet, Thailand, India and Bangladesh who buy them.
I'm size 6-8, I can fit into most size 4 tops but no hope with trousers below 6.
I've met a few expectant mothers who buy from high street plus ranges because they think its a lot cheaper than maternity ranges or baby boutiques. I'm not sure if they are right or not.

Original post by gracielyons15
I agree with the first 2 sentences but I also disagree slightly because many high street brands now carry sizes up to around a uk 20 (some larger)... this is clearly not a healthy size to be yet the garments are readily available. I find this questionable because I don’t know about you but I’ve never seen clothing smaller than a size 4 in any shop and for the most part size 6 is the smallest easily found. Obviously we can’t remove all clothing over a size 14 ish but it would make more sense to me to remove the largest sizes like the smallest are because being under or over weight shouldn’t be encouraged in any form.
stranger things is the most BORING show on netflix

Quick Reply

Latest