The Student Room Group

State your unpopular opinion. People can only reply with ‘Agree’ or ‘Disagree’

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AelinSardothein
outsold? meaning?

you may struggle with maths ( i can help if you want? ) but maths makes sense - like you can make sense out of it - as in all you have to do is learn the method and then apply - with english its your own writing style which you have to develop over time so i struggle with that

also your mostly either a mathsy person or englishy or sciency - i would say im mathsy :biggrin:

like english is better. it's like a twitter slang term for more popular (sarcastically) but it isn't lol

That would be amazing! I think some of it is amazing, but it's simple things that stump me. It's so embarassing may I PM you?

that's actually so true! i don't think i've met someone good at maths and english. I would say maths and science (chemistry and physics) as they have some maths to them, but it's normally one of them!! how true!
Original post by denteddental
I didn't mention anything about being pretty.
Fat acceptance is promoting unhealthy behaviour. The NHS is on its last leg and it could do without the additional stress of self inflicted, destructive behaviour i.e. Being overweight.

I have been very very fat (and I'm glad I was judged because I've lost it all and become so many healthier, happier and prettier (only mentioning this prettier thing because you brought it up, I don't think being skinny makes you pretty).

Exactly but saying fat acceptance is wrong is indirectly stating that skinny is better
i understand where your coming from but people are sometimes fat because they cannot get rid of it - let this live and show them you still accept them no matter how they look bodywise
Original post by ohdearstudying
like english is better. it's like a twitter slang term for more popular (sarcastically) but it isn't lol

That would be amazing! I think some of it is amazing, but it's simple things that stump me. It's so embarassing may I PM you?

that's actually so true! i don't think i've met someone good at maths and english. I would say maths and science (chemistry and physics) as they have some maths to them, but it's normally one of them!! how true!

yh sure you can pm me

glad you agree with me :smile:
The Last Jedi was flawed and there is room for improvement, but ultimately it was a thematic masterpiece and just what the franchise needed to stay relevant and not tied to old assumptions and tropes.
Exactly but saying fat acceptance is wrong is indirectly stating that skinny is better
i understand where your coming from but people are sometimes fat because they cannot get rid of it - let this live and show them you still accept them no matter how they look bodywise

Again, I didn't mention anything about being skinny. What I am saying indirectly, is that being normal weight is better, not that being skinny is better.
Cannot get rid of it?? There are very very few medical conditions that result in people being overweight and being unable to lose it and I sympathise with those poor individuals. However the majority of people are overweight because of their selfish, greedy and lazy behaviour.
Original post by Sinnoh
Disagree (asssuming the actual dictionary definition of feminism)

Agree. To a limited extent.

Mine:
Aging should be viewed as a degenerative genetic disease in much the same way we'd view Parkinson's or Alzheimer's.

Modern day feminism would be a better phrase that just feminism alone.
Again, I didn't mention anything about being skinny. What I am saying indirectly, is that being normal weight is better, not that being skinny is better.
Cannot get rid of it?? There are very very few medical conditions that result in people being overweight and being unable to lose it and I sympathise with those poor individuals. However the majority of people are overweight because of their selfish, greedy and lazy behaviour.

Whats the problem in people enjoying food? even though its unhealthy i don't think we should be promoting body shaming
it affects peoples mental health too which in my view is very underrated
Reply 67

Could you please PM each other rather than arguing on the thread on which we're only meant to say agree or disagree
Original post by desert_fairy
order of phoenix is the best hp film

Disagree
Whats the problem in people enjoying food? even though its unhealthy i don't think we should be promoting body shaming
it affects peoples mental health too which in my view is very underrated

There is nothing wrong with enjoying food. The problem arises when people don't balance their calorie intake with their output. The problem is that my hard earned money is going to pay for fat Jill's gastric band surgery and her type 2 diabetic medication whilst poor Mike waits for his therapy to help him cope with PTSD.
I agree that mental health is underrated and we need more resources to help people with these issues. But these people are being made to wait for weeks and weeks because the NHS is clogged by people indulging in self destructive behaviour.
Original post by Sinnoh
Could you please PM each other rather than arguing on the thread on which we're only meant to say agree or disagree

Sure

Come at me, bro.
Original post by Sinnoh

we are not arguing thanks
just talking it out - stating our views
but sorry oops
Original post by plklupu
The Last Jedi was flawed and there is room for improvement, but ultimately it was a thematic masterpiece and just what the franchise needed to stay relevant and not tied to old assumptions and tropes.

agreed

like toy story sksksksksk
There is nothing wrong with enjoying food. The problem arises when people don't balance their calorie intake with their output. The problem is that my hard earned money is going to pay for fat Jill's gastric band surgery and her type 2 diabetic medication whilst poor Mike waits for his therapy to help him cope with PTSD.
I agree that mental health is underrated and we need more resources to help people with these issues. But these people are being made to wait for weeks and weeks because the NHS is clogged by people indulging in self destructive behaviour.

that sounded a bit aggressive - r u going through that situation?

anyway okay i agree that people have to help - but being rude about it and saying fat acceptance is wrong etc is just de motivating people instead of helping them - saying about the burden the NHS carry because of them is a hurtful coment and because of these comments peoples mental health are affected so i would appreciate if you didnt say it all in a blameful tone because its not their fault necessarily - its like a smoker - ofc initially it is but after its not - they cannot control it easily
"Privilege" isn't exclusive to white people. Depending on the circumstances you find yourself in, anyone could have a "one-up" on someone else. e.g. If I went to Japan, the locals will obviously be preferred for jobs and housing etc as I don't speak Japanese. This isn't them having a 'privilege' over me, but how life is.
(edited 5 years ago)

being skinny is also a problem. unless you got a medical issue that disallows you from gaining/losing weight you have no excuse to not be in good shape.
Original post by TarekHelmy
being skinny is also a problem. unless you got a medical issue that disallows you from gaining/losing weight you have no excuse to not be in good shape.

Yh ik its a problem but in a society that finds it good and pretty i would argue otherwise
Like look at models - size zero etc
promoting and showing skinniness is pretty and model material
Original post by Sulfolobus
Time to kick this thread off...

The Queen is an idle wastrel that has sponged off hard working tax payers all her life.

agree
Yh ik its a problem but in a society that finds it good and pretty i would argue otherwise
Like look at models - size zero etc
promoting and showing skinniness is pretty and model material

true
Original post by Sulfolobus
Time to kick this thread off...

The Queen is an idle wastrel that has sponged off hard working tax payers all her life.

Disagree, the royal family brings in so much money for the country they must be shown in wealth to keep people fascinated by them so that tourists continue to visit and spend their money here.

Quick Reply

Latest