The Student Room Group

not sit A2 exams

Similar thread lol but basically having another meltdown.
At the start of the year I wanted to apply for dentistry but missed the UKCAT deadline so just rushed into choosing natural sciences which I like but I'm not 100% sure I even want to do anymore.
I was given an unconditional and basically I'm going to flop these A2 exams.
I'm having doubts about my course and uni and basically if I don't go with my unconditional I'm going to get such tragic grades that I'll have to resit the year.

I'm undecided if I want to do my course in another uni or even end up doing dentistry, either way I'll have to resit.

So my question is if I just withdraw myself from these exams and sit them next year for the first time I'll technically not be a resit student so would dentistry consider me then?
I have extenuated reasons and my college have said I don't have to sit my exams and I can sit them next year.

I know dentistry wont consider me if I resit year 13 so would it be better for me to skip my exams and sit them for the first time next year? or would they not allow this either??
Original post by NatSciences
Similar thread lol but basically having another meltdown.
At the start of the year I wanted to apply for dentistry but missed the UKCAT deadline so just rushed into choosing natural sciences which I like but I'm not 100% sure I even want to do anymore.
I was given an unconditional and basically I'm going to flop these A2 exams.
I'm having doubts about my course and uni and basically if I don't go with my unconditional I'm going to get such tragic grades that I'll have to resit the year.

I'm undecided if I want to do my course in another uni or even end up doing dentistry, either way I'll have to resit.

So my question is if I just withdraw myself from these exams and sit them next year for the first time I'll technically not be a resit student so would dentistry consider me then?
I have extenuated reasons and my college have said I don't have to sit my exams and I can sit them next year.

I know dentistry wont consider me if I resit year 13 so would it be better for me to skip my exams and sit them for the first time next year? or would they not allow this either??

Or even like medicine idkkkkkkkkk
Ask college to withdraw you. If you simply don't turn up the exam board will consider you as someone whose sat them but just not written anything. I know someone who is doing natural science and then will be taking a postgrad in Veterinary and I believe Dentistry may be similar. So even if universities don't accept you for Dentistry for technically redoing year 13 you can still get in by reapplying for Nat Sciences and then doing Dentistry as a postgrad. Good luck.
Original post by xEmilyxx
Ask college to withdraw you. If you simply don't turn up the exam board will consider you as someone whose sat them but just not written anything. I know someone who is doing natural science and then will be taking a postgrad in Veterinary and I believe Dentistry may be similar. So even if universities don't accept you for Dentistry for technically redoing year 13 you can still get in by reapplying for Nat Sciences and then doing Dentistry as a postgrad. Good luck.

Thank for your reply. I just had a brief crazy moment where I started to panic about my future. I know medicine and dentistry offer guaranteed jobs and pay whereas my degree in natural sciences could land me nowhere and thats making me **** myself a bit. Where is your friend going to study NatSci?
I think I'm going to stick with my NatSci degree and if I have a change of heart I'll try going to do dentistry through the post grad route.
Original post by NatSciences
Thank for your reply. I just had a brief crazy moment where I started to panic about my future. I know medicine and dentistry offer guaranteed jobs and pay whereas my degree in natural sciences could land me nowhere and thats making me **** myself a bit. Where is your friend going to study NatSci?
I think I'm going to stick with my NatSci degree and if I have a change of heart I'll try going to do dentistry through the post grad route.

I can't remember the specific university but I have a feeling it's one in the North East of England. Since you feel like you will do badly this year I would still suggest you withdraw from this years exams, reject your current offers and retake. Either that or ring them up and ask them to defer you're unconditional if you really like that university. I feel like you already have decided you're going to do that anyway.
Original post by xEmilyxx
I can't remember the specific university but I have a feeling it's one in the North East of England. Since you feel like you will do badly this year I would still suggest you withdraw from this years exams, reject your current offers and retake. Either that or ring them up and ask them to defer you're unconditional if you really like that university. I feel like you already have decided you're going to do that anyway.

Yeah my offer for NatSci is uncondtional so it doesn't really matter what I achieve in these exams but they've said I can defer. I'm studying in NatSci in Lancaster which is up north too so could be where your friend is going.

Quick Reply

Latest