The Student Room Group

What motivates you to work hard?

I have my Economics GCSE tomorrow and I have spent the past 7 hours since I got back from school at 5:00pm doing nothing.

Not having fun because I feel too guilty.

Not studying because I've just lost even the little motivation I previously had.

Everyone has their own driving force that motivates them to work hard,

So hopefully if everyone shares their motivation, I will be able to find some myself.

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

i didnt know u could take economics at gcse. but ive done revision if that helps. spanish needs no revision at all and business only requires 1 hour
Reply 2
A bag of crisps.
Reply 3
Original post by anonymous69gcse
i didnt know u could take economics at gcse. but ive done revision if that helps. spanish needs no revision at all and business only requires 1 hour

Yeh you can lol
Reply 4
Original post by Zaspo
A bag of crisps.

haha good one
thats meant to say no revision btw. too busy watching love island today
Facing the risk of being beaten up by my mother’s slipper or the rolling pin.
If I'm honest I've always been worried about letting my teachers down. They have spent the past years teaching me everything I need to know, spending countless hours printing out sheets and creating resources. I feel that the least I can do is pass the exam to show them I appreciate everything they did for me.
Reply 8
thats meant to say no revision btw. too busy watching love island today

heard its not that good this year
Reply 9
Original post by ShishaSmoker
Facing the risk of being beaten up by my mother’s slipper or the rolling pin.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/contacting-childline/
Money, success, being the best physically and mentally, wanting to make myself and parents proud.
Reply 11
Original post by James_Thompson10
If I'm honest I've always been worried about letting my teachers down. They have spent the past years teaching me everything I need to know, spending countless hours printing out sheets and creating resources. I feel that the least I can do is pass the exam to show them I appreciate everything they did for me.

thats really nice of you, your teachers sound great
i only watch it cos it takes my mind of gcse's. none of the girls so far appeal to me anyway
Reply 13
Original post by BDho
Money, success, being the best physically and mentally, wanting to make myself and parents proud.

thats my problem I guess, always in my life I never saw money as the ultimate goal, maybe thats why I not as motivated to study hard
success is the best revenge
Reply 15
i only watch it cos it takes my mind of gcse's. none of the girls so far appeal to me anyway

isn't it, there were so many applicants so i'm sure some fit girls will come in
proving to myself i can achieve great grades
Reply 17
Original post by roseprincessx
success is the best revenge

revenge to who??
Original post by soundgirl
thats really nice of you, your teachers sound great

Yeah to be fair to them they're great. And I don't think they get the credit they deserve most of the time
Reply 19
Original post by malkimoo
proving to myself i can achieve great grades

this is the first one thats beginning to motivate me thanks

Quick Reply

Latest