The Student Room Group

Primark job induction

I went to an interview last monday at Primark and they contacted me on Saturday to tell me that they would like to offer me the job and if i could come in for an induction day the next morning at 10am.I couldn't attend this so i said that to woman and she said that it was fine and she would contact me back with another date for an induction.It is now Tuesday, am i over exaggerating by expecting her to have called by now or do you think I have lost my opportunity as i couldn't attend in the first place? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DOnt worry bro you will get the job :smile:
Maybe call, or send an email chasing them up, they have lots of different Induction dates to make sure you’re free
Reply 3
Original post by YeetERSX
DOnt worry bro you will get the job :smile:

thanks
Reply 4
Original post by S0PHIESB
Maybe call, or send an email chasing them up, they have lots of different Induction dates to make sure you’re free

I don't have an email for them and they are phoning me of a unknown number, so not sure how i can really contact them?
Reply 5
Umm I had an interview with primark last Thursday and they said they would get back to me tmorrow (tuesday) and I'm really nervous and stressing that I won't get the job as I really want to ! How did they contact you did they call you ?? Plus do most people who get interviewed get the job? And I know people my age 16 however I'm 17 this September that have got a job there with no experience whereas I have had a couple of years experience because i have had 2 jobs working in cafes will this help me ???!!!
If you get the job, they will call you, normally email if you’re unsuccessful! I’m the same, I’ve worked there for 3 months and I’m 16, been working since 13, best place to work!! Honetsly youll be fine, it’s the busiest time for primark so they’re probs just busy.. I got a call the next day which was surprising for them too! But still, you have a chance
Thank you for ur advice it had really helped , yeah I really want to work there as I have been working since I was 13 in different places but they have not been very good , that why I want to work here so it can be a fresh start and they pay way more money xFingers crossed! If I don’t I’m going to be gutted!
Shall I just keep my phone on loud all day as the won’t have a certain time of calling or emailing will they ?
I got the job!😆 but didn’t realise it was a summer job till 1st September, so was a bit gutted , however the manager said that they do tend to keep Summer people on for winter And then in January then. u can apply to be permanent do u think this is likely ??
Just need some reassurance?? Again !
Does anyone here know how much primark pay 16 year olds?
Original post by Brooklynokami
Does anyone here know how much primark pay 16 year olds?

I’ve just had an interview and at my local store they pay around £7.50 an hour x
@lucieeliz I had my interview too!! Good luck on yours and I got the job so all good! Primark have 3 rates of pay, under 25, over 25 and supervisor
I don’t know supervisor but under 25 is £7.38 and over is £7.83 this is national! Thank you though :-) xxx
@lucieeliz I had my interview too!! Good luck on yours and I got the job so all good! Primark have 3 rates of pay, under 25, over 25 and supervisor
I don’t know supervisor but under 25 is £7.38 and over is £7.83 this is national! Thank you though :-) xxx

Congrats! I had the job interview yesterday and she told me I should hear by Friday, obviously today is Friday so I’m not sure whether she meant today or next week so I’m panicking as I badly want the job!! How did they contact you / how long did it take? I’m not sure whether if They’ll still contact me if I’m unsuccessful x
@lucieeliz I had mine Monday!! Mine was weird cus I had a withheld number yesterday which I thought was them (the man told me I’d hear back within 5 days) and so I rang my main store who put me thru to HR (turns out it was my mate pranking me to encourage me to call) and she got my interview papers and said the interviewer liked me and offered me the position!! I believe they email if you’re unsuccessful!! I think she means next friday cus next day may be too quick off the bat!! I think if I never rang they were gonna contact me today which would’ve been 4 days!! Personally I’d wait until maybe next week and give your local store a call? x
@lucieeliz I had mine Monday!! Mine was weird cus I had a withheld number yesterday which I thought was them (the man told me I’d hear back within 5 days) and so I rang my main store who put me thru to HR (turns out it was my mate pranking me to encourage me to call) and she got my interview papers and said the interviewer liked me and offered me the position!! I believe they email if you’re unsuccessful!! I think she means next friday cus next day may be too quick off the bat!! I think if I never rang they were gonna contact me today which would’ve been 4 days!! Personally I’d wait until maybe next week and give your local store a call? x

Yeah I will do thank you :smile: just really want the job so been sat at my phone all day lol x
@lucieeliz lol you sound like me lol! is it a weekend one? a lot of weekend ones are temp but 3/4 of the time you get offered perm xx
@lucieeliz lol you sound like me lol! is it a weekend one? a lot of weekend ones are temp but 3/4 of the time you get offered perm xx

Yes it’s weekend not been told if it’s temp or perm but about to start college so need a job!! it’s a min of 4hrs on sat and 4hrs on Sunday x
@lucieeliz mines the same! mines 10hr contract temporary, it should say online if it’s temporary or permanent or not but 9 times out of 10 if you work hard they take you on permanent anyway x
@lucieeliz mines the same! mines 10hr contract temporary, it should say online if it’s temporary or permanent or not but 9 times out of 10 if you work hard they take you on permanent anyway x

Ahh ok thanks!! Not sure if I’ve got it or not :frown:(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending