The Student Room Group

UWS Midwifery Applicants 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by EmmaLou1211
Im the same, literally do not know where to start or what to prepare! I have my heart set on midwifery but have just had my 3rd (and very very last) child so im not going to beat myself up about it if I dont get in this year, I will keep trying! But obvs still want to do well! I get so nervous in group interviews eeek

I’m just going to read up about anything and everything!! Yeah definitely don’t beat yourself up it’s so competitive! I’ve just left school so if I don’t get in this year (I’m not really expecting to) I’ll just keep reapplying! I’ve only ever been to one group interview and I didn’t get the job so think that says it all🙄😂x
Original post by ejm17x
I’m just going to read up about anything and everything!! Yeah definitely don’t beat yourself up it’s so competitive! I’ve just left school so if I don’t get in this year (I’m not really expecting to) I’ll just keep reapplying! I’ve only ever been to one group interview and I didn’t get the job so think that says it all🙄😂x

You will do great im sure 😀. My old neighbour is a midwife, she has told me to go see her get some info so will see what she says and hopefully give a rough guide 😬. Just checked, my interview is at 12 that day xx
Reply 182
Original post by EmmaLou1211
You will do great im sure 😀. My old neighbour is a midwife, she has told me to go see her get some info so will see what she says and hopefully give a rough guide 😬. Just checked, my interview is at 12 that day xx

Hopefully😬 aww that’s so handy you’ll get some good tips from her!! Xx
After all the worry I heard back yesterday about an interview 😀💃😀 22nd @ 9am
Now to prepare....
Reply 184
Original post by Dostciare1167
Now to prepare....

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻 When did you submit your application? I’m starting to get really nervous, I didn’t apply till the 15th though so think I will have to wait a bit longer xx
Original post by Amck88
Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻 When did you submit your application? I’m starting to get really nervous, I didn’t apply till the 15th though so think I will have to wait a bit longer xx

I submitted on the 7th Jan. aww I was hoping that everyone would have heard by the weekend. Is it only UWS you have applied to? X
Reply 186
I submitted on the 7th Jan. aww I was hoping that everyone would have heard by the weekend. Is it only UWS you have applied to? X

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer 🤞🏻 Yeah just UWS, I’ve applied for the BSc and MSc. Which one did you apply for? xx
Original post by Amck88
Hopefully it won’t be too much longer 🤞🏻 Yeah just UWS, I’ve applied for the BSc and MSc. Which one did you apply for? xx

Same here- but my interview invitation is for the BSc
Now to prepare....

Congratulations!! X
Sorry to nip in. Just wanted to say good luck with your interviews. Went through this all last year and can say the group interview is much more preferable to a one on one interview so don’t worry at all. There are not going to be any surprises sprung on you that you can’t handle. Just have knowledge of the role of a midwife, know about the 6 Cs,the NMC Code and interact well with others and you will do amazing. There’s x amount for places, not a set amount of places reserved for MSc and BSc, so doesn’t really matter which one you have applied for. Just that you tick the boxes for what they are looking for. If you get offered BSc and already have a degree you can just ask to do MSc instead. Best of luck!! 👍
Original post by PollyCracker
Sorry to nip in. Just wanted to say good luck with your interviews. Went through this all last year and can say the group interview is much more preferable to a one on one interview so don’t worry at all. There are not going to be any surprises sprung on you that you can’t handle. Just have knowledge of the role of a midwife, know about the 6 Cs,the NMC Code and interact well with others and you will do amazing. There’s x amount for places, not a set amount of places reserved for MSc and BSc, so doesn’t really matter which one you have applied for. Just that you tick the boxes for what they are looking for. If you get offered BSc and already have a degree you can just ask to do MSc instead. Best of luck!! 👍

Thank you so much, very reassuring xxx
Hey there I’ve also applied the UWS. Left uni the first time 8 years ago and have decided to study what I wanted to in the first place. Applied on the 12th jan and just got an interview on friday 22nd at 9am. So nervous.
Original post by Vyv1989
Hey there I’ve also applied the UWS. Left uni the first time 8 years ago and have decided to study what I wanted to in the first place. Applied on the 12th jan and just got an interview on friday 22nd at 9am. So nervous.

I applied 14th and just found out I’m 9am on the 22nd too! Xx
Reply 193
Original post by Vyv1989

Well done! 👏🏻 I also found out this afternoon I have an interview on the 22nd at 12 😃 xx
Original post by LAHam1987
I applied 14th and just found out I’m 9am on the 22nd too! Xx

I’m so excited about getting an interview thought cause I was older a lot of those leaving school would of got an interview. Really nervous about it. Did you go to the build a midwife work shop at uws?
Original post by Vyv1989
I’m so excited about getting an interview thought cause I was older a lot of those leaving school would of got an interview. Really nervous about it. Did you go to the build a midwife work shop at uws?

I’m older too! I didn’t go to the workshop as I decided last minute to go for it this year instead of next year 😱 did u? I’m so nervous haha xx
Original post by LAHam1987
I’m older too! I didn’t go to the workshop as I decided last minute to go for it this year instead of next year 😱 did u? I’m so nervous haha xx

Yea I went to the workshop. It was great they did like a mock interview part as well. They explained that it is done in groups of 10. Everyone gets a picture and you have to talk about your picture. Then there have a picture for the whole group to discuss together. Obviously they just had random pictures on the night but they said the picture you will get will be related to midwifery.
Reply 197
Congratulations to you all on your interviews at UWS. I have one too, on the 21st. Still waiting to hear from Napier.
Original post by Amck88
Congratulations! When did you apply? xx

Thank you ! I applied the 9th of January xx
Congregation for everyone who's has received an interview for either midwifery / nursing at universities throughout and all the best for it and hopefully you's will all earn a place for to be a student midwife or nurse. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending