The Student Room Group

Does anyone ever do good in A level law?

I'm going to start studying CIE law this semester. But there seems to be terror surrounding law A-levels in our school, since no one ever does good. our school counsellor says even the smartest students can't get above B. With that said, does anyone ever do good?
Reply 1
Well according to http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/a-lev.htm, 20% of students get an A* for A in law so either your school sucks at teaching it, or the smartest kids in your school aren't very smart.
Original post by MCArth
Well according to http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/a-lev.htm, 20% of students get an A* for A in law so either your school sucks at teaching it, or the smartest kids in your school aren't very smart.

Some people do go to *****y schools. I know, surprising.

Only 5% get A* which might be a problem for people looking to in to the top unis for law.
Reply 3
The course content isn't that 'realistic', you do some quite basic stuff in comparison to what you will do at Uni.

Pick A-Levels that you're going to enjoy and do well at - you don't absolutely need A-Level in Law to read the LLB. Most sixth forms/colleges don't even offer it.
just in general , the top unis do not like law at A level. it dumbs a lot of things down , which requires you to completely relearn modules you studied for two years at A level. of course people do do well in it (it's on a bell curve , like most exams) , but i would not suggest it if you plan to apply for an undergrad law degree.
Reply 5
Original post by hotliketea
just in general , the top unis do not like law at A level. it dumbs a lot of things down , which requires you to completely relearn modules you studied for two years at A level. of course people do do well in it (it's on a bell curve , like most exams) , but i would not suggest it if you plan to apply for an undergrad law degree.

it's in the preferred subject list in many top universities and I've heard from a few that its helpful, but im very confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending