The Student Room Group

Looking for feedback about the law and technology course at Surrey

I am looking at LLB law courses, the one that looks modern and progressive. At the moment, most are offering the same subjects I took when I was at law school 30 years ago.

Law and technology at Surrey looks interesting but it only started in April with about 20 students.
Can anyone offer insights, feedback on this course or know of other unis what are planning to introduce a more progressive LLB course?
(edited 1 year ago)
QMUL were meant to be introducing a new LLB climate/environmental law at undergrad level. However I haven’t seen any movement on it (and it’s no longer on their website), I was told if it wasn’t ready for 2023, it would be 2024 roll out. It’s obviously going to be quite niche, but offering something different.

The issue is if you want a qualifying LLB you must still undertake the standard core modules. Quite a few universities are now offering optional modules outside of law if you want to spread yourself across other faculties.

I definitely think technology is a fast pace growing area of law which will become more prevalent with AI etc & many universities are recognising this and beginning to offer more in this area than just the usual IP & branding etc. I wasn’t aware Surrey were running a new tech LLB. Sounds really good. I’ll take a look.
Hello, @Jlsc!

I'm happy to hear you're considering Surrey for your LLB. Our Law and Technology pathway is very innovative, and Surrey is known for taking on a challenge (another example is the BSc Paramedic Science, done in partnership with the local ambulance Trusts). Nowadays, it's incredibly important to include the ever-changing world of technology in our studies so that we can learn the best ways to tackle modern issues, and that is exactly what this new pathway does. In addition to that, the School of Law is very well established, with students going on to work for a variety of organisations in relevant roles. That's all to say you shouldn't be hesitant with this course; you will be well taken care of :smile:

I hope this sheds some light on your decision-making!

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending