The Student Room Group

Law degree without A Levels

Has anyone gone into law without A Levels?
Original post by Anony345533

Are you asking about candidates who have no Level 3 qualifications, and are applying with GCSEs only?

Or are you asking about candidates who have Level 3 qualifications other than A levels - i.e. BTECs, CTECs, T levels, an access course, etc.

Also, does your question refer to any UK university? Or are you limiting it to some arbitrary group of "good" or "top" universities?

Hi @Anony345533,

There are many ways into law without A Levels. Of course, other equal qualifications such as BTECs, IB etc. usually follow the same route as individuals with A Levels as these are basically the same qualifications. However, it is possible to get into the legal profession through an apprenticeship route which is slightly different :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Are you asking about candidates who have no Level 3 qualifications, and are applying with GCSEs only?

Or are you asking about candidates who have Level 3 qualifications other than A levels - i.e. BTECs, CTECs, T levels, an access course, etc.

Also, does your question refer to any UK university? Or are you limiting it to some arbitrary group of "good" or "top" universities?

GCSEs only and any UK university.
GCSEs only and any UK university.

Ah. That would be an extremely rare occurrence indeed.

I've only ever heard of one student gaining entry to university without any level 3 qualifications (I'm excluding mature students, for which different rules apply), and that was a student who gained a place studying Politics. So I guess it's theoretically possible for Law, and may have happened before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending