The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Business at Nottingham Trent

How good is the Business school at NTU and the course "Business" overall? What are the graduate prospects like?
Original post by Mahel
How good is the Business school at NTU and the course "Business" overall? What are the graduate prospects like?

Hi @Mahel

I am a current 3rd year Business management and marketing student at NTU and I personally believe that the business school is a great place to study at.

You may have heard that due to the EQUIS and AACSB accreditation, the school is in the 1% of the world - I personally think this is justified and I have experienced some great teaching.

Is there a course your interested in specifically? Each course will have a different 'graduate employment' percentage which indicates how many graduates from the course have gone on to employment or further study within 6 months :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @Mahel

I am a current 3rd year Business management and marketing student at NTU and I personally believe that the business school is a great place to study at.

You may have heard that due to the EQUIS and AACSB accreditation, the school is in the 1% of the world - I personally think this is justified and I have experienced some great teaching.

Is there a course your interested in specifically? Each course will have a different 'graduate employment' percentage which indicates how many graduates from the course have gone on to employment or further study within 6 months :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU rep

Thanks for the response. As I said in my OP, I'm looking at "Business" (https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-courses/courses/find-your-course/business/ug/2018-19/business)

It's currently my insurance choice so I want to know more about it in case I end up missing my firm
Reply 3
Thanks Chris
Original post by Mahel
Thanks for the response. As I said in my OP, I'm looking at "Business" (https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-courses/courses/find-your-course/business/ug/2018-19/business)

It's currently my insurance choice so I want to know more about it in case I end up missing my firm

Hi Mahel

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is there anything you'd like to know in particular?

The business course is very varied in terms of what you'll be taught so my advice would be to look at the modules and make sure they are what you would like to study. The course will consist of a mixture of lectures and seminars, all of which will be interactive and engaging. In my first year we had 12 hours over the week which consisted of 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars.

Hope that is helpful, let me know if you have any questions in particular :smile:

Chris
Reply 5
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Mahel

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is there anything you'd like to know in particular?

The business course is very varied in terms of what you'll be taught so my advice would be to look at the modules and make sure they are what you would like to study. The course will consist of a mixture of lectures and seminars, all of which will be interactive and engaging. In my first year we had 12 hours over the week which consisted of 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars.

Hope that is helpful, let me know if you have any questions in particular :smile:

Chris

Thanks for this. My main concern was graduate employability and where a Business degree at NTU can take you in terms of companies - what are the top companies that Business graduates from NTU go and work for?
Original post by Mahel
Thanks for this. My main concern was graduate employability and where a Business degree at NTU can take you in terms of companies - what are the top companies that Business graduates from NTU go and work for?

The great thing about the Business courses at NTU are that they all offer a placement year - this will offer you a great opportunity to get 12 months of real-world experience. NTU has links with all sorts of companies, I know people who have gone to work for Renault, Disney, Rolls Royce just to name a few.

Depending on how well placement years go, students can be offered a job before they even graduate at their placement company.

Other companies graduates have gone on to work for include:

. Asda
. Costco
. Hewlett Packard Enterprise
. IBM
. Superdry

Hope that helps.

Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending