The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Any Other Postgraduates?

I hav
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Postgraduate research here :hello:
What're you going to study?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Knight
Woooooo finally!

Medieval History taught, really can't wait for September! What are you studying?

I'm on my 2nd year of Management Research :smile:

Interesting course you're planning to do, hopefully you will enjoy it!
I would suggest to keep your eye on uea postgraduare su (google it, or find their facebook group), they should post about fresher events for postgrads.
Reply 3
Comparative Literature taught.
I’m really excited.

I wanted to know though, how old are you guys?
I’m afraid I might be a little too old. 😅
Reply 4
Original post by Nouf.
Comparative Literature taught.
I’m really excited.

I wanted to know though, how old are you guys?
I’m afraid I might be a little too old. 😅

I'm 25, feel like a dinosaur sometimes... but you know how they say, it's all about how you feel inside XD
Reply 5
Original post by agrew
I'm 25, feel like a dinosaur sometimes... but you know how they say, it's all about how you feel inside XD

😂😂😂😂
I’m 27!!!!!
If you feel like a dinosaur, Idk what I should feel like 😅
Reply 6
Original post by Nouf.
😂😂😂😂
I’m 27!!!!!
If you feel like a dinosaur, Idk what I should feel like 😅

Like a meteor that crashed the planet and brought life to it? :biggrin: I know it sounds dumb but I couldn't resist.

Nice haha how are you finding the workload compared with undergrad?

And I'm 25 too! :colondollar:

Personally the time when I was doing my masters was the best. It was quite busy in terms of the workload, but I had great classmates and we had very enjoyable and supportive environment.
Reply 7
Original post by agrew
Personally the time when I was doing my masters was the best. It was quite busy in terms of the workload, but I had great classmates and we had very enjoyable and supportive environment.

I wanted to say I’m feeling as old as the Big Bang but I controlled myself 😅
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
I haven't found any others yet... any other fellow postgrads starting this year among all the undergrads??

PGR here, starting in October :smile:
Reply 9
Awesomeeeee what are you studying? :smile:

Costuming in Africa, so I'll be over in the SCVA (the gallery on campus) :smile:
Reply 10
2nd year of a part time masters here!
International commercial and business law. :smile: I am 24, coming from Greece!
I got a room in university village plus. I am looking forward to move there 😀
Reply 13
Post grad taught. Development Economics. :smile: I'm finding it hard to figure out which accommodation options are right for me. I considered the ziggurats but i get the impression some serious partying takes place there. In as much as I wouldn't want to miss out on the social life, I'd prefer something a bit quieter. I'd appreciate your suggestions :smile:
Reply 14
Depends on how much you're willing to pay for accommodation fees I'd say. I accepted my room offer in Crome Court last week, and it's expensive in comparison with the others, but it's postgrad only so I'd imagine there's a good work/social balance with others studying at the same level :smile:

A lot of accommodation seemed to have postgrad options in the application, maybe take a look at those? :biggrin:

Crome Court seems really nice, I took a look! Unfortunately I'm on a rather tight budget. :frown: I'll definitely take a look at the others though, hopefully I'll find something good. Thanks!!
Reply 15
Original post by Nubian3
Post grad taught. Development Economics. :smile: I'm finding it hard to figure out which accommodation options are right for me. I considered the ziggurats but i get the impression some serious partying takes place there. In as much as I wouldn't want to miss out on the social life, I'd prefer something a bit quieter. I'd appreciate your suggestions :smile:

Hey, offer holder for Impact Evaluation here (same academic dept 😊)! Nice to see someone with a similar course.
Reply 16
Wooooo hopefully I'll see you all around the Postgraduate Lounge! :smile:

What accommodation have you guys applied for? Hoping I get a room in Crome Court, it looks really nice!

I'm in Barton, I lived in Crome Court in my undergrad and it's lovely :smile:
Reply 17
Ah that's good to know!! I'm hoping I'll find out who some of my flatmates are soon, do you know any of yours yet? :smile:

No, not yet... I think I read somewhere that the bulk of PG accommodation offers go out on 1st August, so hopefully, we find out soon!
Reply 18
Original post by Arian93
Hey, offer holder for Impact Evaluation here (same academic dept 😊)! Nice to see someone with a similar course.

Hey Arian93, it's very nice indeed! I've been hoping to meet a few people from my department. I'm sure we'll be crossing paths soon. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Nubian3

Ziggs is indeed a hard place for a postgrad. Chrome Court is the best option; Village might be a good option as well, when I was an undergrad and lived there it was relatively quite.

Quick Reply

Latest