The Student Room Group

Tourists in Oxford Colleges

Hi,
I'm looking at various Oxford colleges to apply this autumn and I know that I want a college with relatively few tourists because I hate the feeling of being watched. I am currently drawn towards Worcester and Magdalen and was wondering which is better with regards to tourists. but am open to suggestions of any relatively tourist-free colleges.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by blueskiesarecom
Hi,
I'm looking at various Oxford colleges to apply this autumn and I know that I want a college with relatively few tourists because I hate the feeling of being watched. I am currently drawn towards Worcester and Magdalen and was wondering which is better with regards to tourists. but am open to suggestions of any relatively tourist-free colleges.

Worcester certainly doesn't suffer from a tourist problem, being a little away from the other colleges.
Hi,

Out of the two colleges you listed, definitely go for Worcester. As has been said, it is further out of the city centre. Magdalen is one of the more famous colleges and is situated right on the High Street, so gets a lot more tourists.

Other good tourist-free colleges to consider are St Hugh's, St Anne's, St Catz and LMH.
Hi,

Seriously, don't give this another thought - you get used to it amazingly quickly and after a few days you won't even notice them. It's just part of the wallpaper. Some students even like it! :teehee:

I hope you succeed in your application. :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending