The Student Room Group

Help with Criminology Assignment, How is psychology is used in the Criminal Justice S

Hi all,
I am currently doing a resub for my assignment:
'How is psychology is used in the Criminal Justice System?'
Like before, I am struggling on my merit task, I'm not sure how to interpret it:

Task 2:

Give a real life example where research has brought about changes in the Criminal Justice System. In this section you should discuss why these changes took place and how they came about (think about vulnerable witnesses and the PEACE model)

I just don't even know how to interpret this or what I need to do, so far I have written in detail what the peace model is, why it is there and when it came about, and written about vulnerable witnesses in brief detail. I would appreciate any help, if someone could just explain what exactly I have to do I would greatly appreciate it, thanks~!
Could you possibly talk about probation's part in the criminal justice system? As they are the rehabilitative contribution to that system? The PPO scheme? Look into it and see what you think, a lot of it is based on research and you could possibly look at their evaluation if they have one. I recently came across their transformative rehabilitation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transforming-rehabilitation-a-summary-of-evidence-on-reducing-reoffending
Read through the text and there is many references so you may find it useful. :smile:

In the sense of the question, I am not sure I understand quite well either, would you say vulnerable witnesses are victims? If so, look at the restorative justice part? Also type into google, victim support, its a service the police offer all victims but is ran by an independent company.

This will be either completely useless or very helpful- nevertheless, understanding what the criminal justice consists of and the processes may help you think outside the box and make sense of your question.
Good luck!
Reply 2
I’ve just done an MSc module The Psychology of Criminal Behaviour and Criminal Justice Systems and Psychology is linked in many ways. Eye witness testimony, risk assessments, intervention delivery to name a few.

I had a formative assessment to deliver a presentation on how criminal psychology can inform policy and practice in forensic settings. I chose to deliver a presentation on Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder and its transition to the now Offender Personality Disorder Pathway, which is delivered in the probation service. Could you do something similar, or do you have to do it about the PEACE model?
Reply 3
whatsapp me on +1518 6559794

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending