The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
DontBuyTheSun
Don't worry about the reputation of UCLAN. Its a great, if relatively new, uni with some great people.

Anyone who is snobbish enough to judge people on what Uni they went to is a prize cock.

so it is entirely wrong for someone to differntiate between a guy from Oxford and a guy from UCLAN, or Keele or Thames Valley? And in doing so they are ' a prized cock.' Hmmmmm?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 41
kevster
so it is entirely wrong for someone to differntiate between a guy from Oxford and a guy from UCLAN, or Keele or Thames Valley? And in doing so they are ' a prized cock.' Hmmmmm?

Yep. The only differentiation you can make is that the Oxford person attended a university where there were more people on his/her academic level (which, at A-Level, really means nothing anyway); which doesn't make any difference to an individual.
Reply 42
cpj1987
Yep. The only differentiation you can make is that the Oxford person attended a university where there were more people on his/her academic level (which, at A-Level, really means nothing anyway); which doesn't make any difference to an individual.

your talking about the philosphy of individuality and in theory it makes ****e all difference. Unfortunately, some here like to live in the REAL world, and regarding academics, there is a huge difference in the comparison I made. Yes you'll have your exceptions, vut the majority of dodgy uni grad students go nowhere. Thats the harsh reality of life. You can compare business people like Alan Sugar without degreees but like I said, they struck it lucky and are 1 in a million.
Reply 43
kevster
your talking about the philosphy of individuality and in theory it makes ****e all difference. Unfortunately, some here like to live in the REAL world, and regarding academics, there is a huge difference in the comparison I made. Yes you'll have your exceptions, vut the majority of dodgy uni grad students go nowhere. Thats the harsh reality of life. You can compare business people like Alan Sugar without degreees but like I said, they struck it lucky and are 1 in a million.

'dodgy uni grads'?
Meh, I give up trying to explain to you.
Reply 44
kevster

You seem to have learnt a remarkable amount about the 'real world' from your school classroom
kevster
You can compare business people like Alan Sugar without degreees but like I said, they struck it lucky and are 1 in a million.

You are making quite an assumption about this person's priorities.
Reply 46
care to explain yourself?
Reply 47
kevster
care to explain yourself?

I think he means that you're assuming that every person in this world aims to become a 'top' person in something that will earn them huge amounts of money; which is not true.
Reply 48
cpj1987
I think he means that you're assuming that every person in this world aims to become a 'top' person in something that will earn them huge amounts of money; which is not true.

money makes the world go round.
Reply 49
kevster
money makes the world go round.

That's a pretty sad outlook on life.
Reply 50
cpj1987
That's a pretty sad outlook on life.

you are probably correct but it's an accurate one.

Latest

Trending

Trending