The Student Room Group

Gcse after results....sixth form registration??

What happens after results day, opening results etc do you go to the sixth form? Call them? What if when you applied you got rejected but now have better results than your predictions? Can you'reapply' or be reconsidered?
Reply 1
I sat my GCSEs last year and what basically happens is you come into school, collect your exam results and if your school has a sixth form attached to it then you open your results in school so that you can be there for registering for the sixth form also.

I think you can be reconsidered. From what I know, on the day of results, it’s also the day of registering so you have to rush to the sixth form you want to go to.
Some people currently at my sixth form called up on results day, (mainly because a local comp scrapped their science A-level courses in favour of BTECs) and got a place just fine because they still had places. It's definitely possible, particularly if the school you're calling up isn't that competitive.
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
Some people currently at my sixth form called up on results day, (mainly because a local comp scrapped their science A-level courses in favour of BTECs) and got a place just fine because they still had places. It's definitely possible, particularly if the school you're calling up isn't that competitive.

unfortunately it is very competitive. they had over 3000 applications and about 600 spaces

Quick Reply

Latest