The Student Room Group

I want to apply to Exeter medicine

Guys, I’ve been predicted A*A*A and I know predicted grades are weighted heavily in Exeter. The thing I’m unsure about is the tilting system, what tier would this put me in and what would that mean?
Reply 1
Original post by thatcleverguy
Guys, I’ve been predicted A*A*A and I know predicted grades are weighted heavily in Exeter. The thing I’m unsure about is the tilting system, what tier would this put me in and what would that mean?

I don't believe Exeter have released their 2019 admission procedure yet, but in the last couple of years, your A level predictions would have put you in Tier 3. Tier 1 has been A*A*A* achieved, Tier 2 A*A*A achieved or A*A*A* predicted, Tier 3 A*A*A predicted.
I am not 100% sure about last year, but seem to remember there has been a cut off for interview in Tier 2, with a UKCAT score of 667. I am sure somebody will come along and correct or confirm this!
Based on this, you would have not got an interview in the last 2 years, however, there is no guarantee this year will be the same!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by GANFYD
I don't believe Exeter have released their 2019 admission procedure yet, but in the last couple of years, your A level predictions would have put you in Tier 3. Tier 1 has been A*A*A* achieved, Tier 2 A*A*A achieved or A*A*A* predicted, Tier 3 A*A*A predicted.
I am not 100% sure about last year, but seem to remember their has been a cut off for interview in Tier 2, with a UKCAT score of 667. I am sure somebody will come along and correct or confirm this!
Based on this, you would have not got an interview in the last 2 years, however, there is no guarantee this year will be the same!

I heard that anyone in tiers 3 and 4 are automatically rejected and only those in 1 and 2 are called for interviews. Am I mistaken or is this still the case?
Reply 3
Original post by thatcleverguy
I heard that anyone in tiers 3 and 4 are automatically rejected and only those in 1 and 2 are called for interviews. Am I mistaken or is this still the case?

As I said in my previous post, the cut off for interview in the last couple of years has been Tier 2 with a UKCAT of 667 and above if you are in tier 2, so yes, all those in tiers 3 & 4 (and some of those in tier 2) were rejected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending