The Student Room Group

Can you do A Levels without them taking over your life?

I'm thinking about doing english literature, psychology and sociology. I did gcses last year, and from what I can remember in order to get on top of the amount of content I had to live and breathe gcses all day every day. They were my life for about 6 months, until they were over. And even so I only got mostly Bs. Is it possible to do well in A Levels (at least ABB) without them taking over your life? By this I mean not revising all day every day, still having a normal life, maybe going ham in the last few months but not for the whole 2 years.
Original post by YasudaSayo
I'm thinking about doing english literature, psychology and sociology. I did gcses last year, and from what I can remember in order to get on top of the amount of content I had to live and breathe gcses all day every day. They were my life for about 6 months, until they were over. And even so I only got mostly Bs. Is it possible to do well in A Levels (at least ABB) without them taking over your life? By this I mean not revising all day every day, still having a normal life, maybe going ham in the last few months but not for the whole 2 years.

If you manage your time well you'll be fine.
Reply 2
It sounds like you didn't work hard enough initially and crammed in the last six months. If you take your work seriously from the start and use your free periods to actually work, you will have time. What you do in September isn't any easier than what you do at the end of the year.
Reply 3
Original post by Sinnoh
It sounds like you didn't work hard enough initially and crammed in the last six months. If you take your work seriously from the start and use your free periods to actually work, you will have time. What you do in September isn't any easier than what you do at the end of the year.

so does that mean it'll be hectic and difficult for the entire 2 years?

Quick Reply

Latest