The Student Room Group

Interior design

What a levels are required for interior design
Original post by Ghshsghsgahgd
What a levels are required for interior design

Why not have a google and see what you come up with?
Reply 2
Hi,
I am a product and furniture designer, and lecturer in BA 3D Design. One of our pathways is Interior Design and our applicants usually took A levels in Art & Design, 3D Design, or around a third took a Foundation course. We believe that a range of related A level subjects are useful to design including: ICT, Photography, Maths, Geography, Physics and Business Studies.

Don't overlook that the most important thing you need to receive an offer is to present your designs in a portfolio. We believe that an interview presentation is the best way to judge your entry requirement. Many design course now understand that creative applicants may not achieve top academic marks, but it is your potential to be a great designer that they should be judging. Therefore prepare a good (email-able) portfolio and a good presentation for your interview, and you may get a more favourable offer.

I would not send in you A level coursework. It's objective is to get you A level marks, but is terrible for informing us what your best skills are. I always recommend that you must get all your main points (USPs) in the first 10 seconds of reading. It's a skill you will find useful throughout your life. What this means is that good sketching and graphic communication is what you should work on.

Hope this is useful, and hope you become a great interior designer.

Roy Tam
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending