The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Help pls - Post Grad BSc Chemistry - Whats the course like?

Any info on the course the course, campus and uni would be appreciated. Not visited the uni yet and going thru clearing. Only have till tomorrow to decide!. TIA
Original post by ssejica
Any info on the course the course, campus and uni would be appreciated. Not visited the uni yet and going thru clearing. Only have till tomorrow to decide!. TIA

Hi @ssejica

I got in touch with one of our final year students who is doing the MChem path of the course, here are her thoughts:

"I'm an MChem student, so I converted from a BSc to an MChem. I chose to do this as it would give me more skills in research labs and give me more understanding what it'd be like to work in research. This has has helped me as I've now had an offer for a PhD! It's a very hands on course from the beginning, you gain a lot of practical skills and you have a lot of support and help from your lecturers. The best thing that I love about the course what the support I got - if there was ever an issue that I've had. I've always been able to to to them and discuss the problem and they're always helpful to sit there and go through the work to make sure I full understand! A typical day of the course is usually in the morning I'll go to labs and we have a lunch break and then we have a lecture. The lectures is where we learn about the subject are, and we later use this knowledge that we've gained in the labs. At the end of the day, I'll go and meet my tutor and show him the work that I've progressed in and what further work I can do.

Gemma"

If you are wanting to have a look at our campus, you should book onto our open days, we have 2 dates!

Reanne
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks very much thats really helpful. I made a mistake on my question its actually the undergraduate course I'm asking about :smile: I need to make a decision by tomorrow on whether I want to accept the place which is before the open day on Saturday! Is there any info on cohort sizes, tutor student ratios please? I can't seem to find it on the web. Thank u!
Original post by ssejica
Thanks very much thats really helpful. I made a mistake on my question its actually the undergraduate course I'm asking about :smile: I need to make a decision by tomorrow on whether I want to accept the place which is before the open day on Saturday! Is there any info on cohort sizes, tutor student ratios please? I can't seem to find it on the web. Thank u!

Hi @ssejica

She is doing the undergraduate course! Her path is the same as undergraduate but it leads to her completing her masters aswell.

I'll get in touch with her to see what her class sizes are like!

Reanne
Reply 4
Thank you. Just realised I pot Post grad in the title instead of under grad! Im looking at undergrad. lol
Original post by ssejica
Thank you. Just realised I pot Post grad in the title instead of under grad! Im looking at undergrad. lol

I was thinking that too @ssejica no worries!

I asked her anyways about the class sizes (she's currently on holiday so sorry for the late response)

"Class sizes - there are about 60 people on the course which was a nice size as you knew everyone on the course. As the class sizes were small compared to others courses, it meant that the lecturers were able to get to know you. This was something I really liked. "

Reanne

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending