The Student Room Group

grade boundaries held till results day

I don,t see the point of holding the grade boundaries till results day because of what "Stress" well it gives me more stress not knowing them and what is even is the point on releasing them on results day we already get our results anyways.

Ps- Ik they are going to be leaked anyways x.
Original post by Zaspo
I don,t see the point of holding the grade boundaries till results day because of what "Stress" well it gives me more stress not knowing them and what is even is the point on releasing them on results day we already get our results anyways.

Ps- Ik they are going to be leaked anyways x.

What a ridiculous thing to say. The exam boards couldn’t care less about the stresses of candidates. This is the way it’s been for years, why would they change the system now?

Be patient. You have either done well or poorly - it’s not like you’re using grade boundaries to determine what grades you have achieved before receiving the ACTUAL RESULTS are you? My friends took this approach when the leaked grade boundaries came out and guess what? They failed miserably.

Patience is key. Don’t be desperate.
Reply 2
Original post by BusinessExpert
What a ridiculous thing to say. The exam boards couldn’t care less about the stresses of candidates. This is the way it’s been for years, why would they change the system now?

Before last year, grade boundaries were released to students the day before results day but that was changed last year so that only exams officers (and teachers depending on the exam board) see the boundaries the day before. They changed it so that students aren't stressed any more than they need to be and don't create false predictions. I think this was a good idea since there's no good reason for students to see the boundaries early. But if they're leaked every year then it's irrelevant anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest