The Student Room Group

Do not be disappointed with an 8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loci Pi
Lol I'm not gonna post all of the grades I want because apart from like Maths and Science my grades just look really substandard. I just hope my grades at A Level will be higher than my expected GCSE grades though.

Your predicted grade are really good and I hope they're in your results envelope :smile:

I'm sure they aren't (from what I remember from the results day thread) At least at A-Level you can just do subjects you enjoy rather than slowly revising subjects you hate which reduce the time you spend on subjects you enjoy. :yep: Thanks :blush: Compared to my targets they are terrible but they are best case senario - tbh a few 8s and the rest 7s will do for me. :biggrin:
Original post by MaizieAmyr
I'm sure they aren't (from what I remember from the results day thread) At least at A-Level you can just do subjects you enjoy rather than slowly revising subjects you hate which reduce the time you spend on subjects you enjoy. :yep: Thanks :blush: Compared to my targets they are terrible but they are best case senario - tbh a few 8s and the rest 7s will do for me. :biggrin:

in other subjects, yeah im fine with that but not with maths. ive invested so much time into maths and got 9s previously and i would just feel so disheartened if i didn’t get a 9 and i would feel like my time would have been a waste. so yes i would be disappointed, and there is nothing you can do to change that
If you do get an 8 you just have to try make him proud during alevels? My Maths teacher said he will be dissapointed if I don't get a 9 in art. My school makes so much sense. :facepalm:

:dontknow:
aw:hugs:
Original post by Toastiekid
:dontknow:
aw:hugs:

PRSOM. :biggrin:
Reply 45
I'm just saying it slightly easier to get an 8 than an a* as the boundary is slightly lower. I would be somewhat disappointed for some subjects.
Is around 203/240 enough for a 9, AQA maths?
Original post by bilalsheraz7
Is around 203/240 enough for a 9, AQA maths?

Idk, for edexcel it's 79% ish.

189 is a 9 (well last year) and apparently it can only move up 5 marks per year so potentially
Original post by lydiarutharnold
189 is a 9 (well last year) and apparently it can only move up 5 marks per year so potentially

Hello. :wavey: :hugs: Yep, it shouldn't change drastically esspecially as we are the second year to do 9-1 maths.
Hello. :wavey: :hugs: Yep, it shouldn't change drastically esspecially as we are the second year to do 9-1 maths.

Helloooo again 😊 + it better not
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Helloooo again 😊 + it better not

:crossedf:

Is there any chance that we can somehow get our grade boundaries early 😭
i want a 9 tbh...

Nope, they’re uploaded on the morning

Unfortunately not. :console:
Reply 56
I'm going to be disappointed with an 8 in French and I have a right to be.
Because I'm French.

They might get leaked the day before but thats about it🤷🏽*♀️
Original post by Goldfish4343
My school never predicted anyone a 9, which is the right thing to do. In most subjects, we have no idea what a 9 will be. It is unfair for the students to expect to get a 9, and be disappointed if they don't. It is still an A*, which was the best, nothing to be disappointed about.

We are aware that roughly 2-4% will get a 9, and some people last year from school were getting full marks or near full marks in every assessment and mock exam. Hence, if they don't get a 9- of course they'll be shocked and upset.
Reply 59
Why did they change it from letter grades? Everyone understands letter grades. People know what they are.

Quick Reply

Latest