The Student Room Group

Keeping motivated

I am almost half way through year 12 studying, Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Im scared of how im going to perform in my a levels as when it came to GCSE, i believe i worked hard however my results where slightly disappointing as i was expecting and predicted a 9 in chemistry and physics and predicted an 8 in physics. However in the end i achieved an 8 in Maths and 7's in both sciences. This has put me in fear of repeating the same mistake and im finding it hard to stay motivated. I find that when i focus primarily on two of my subjects, one of them goes downhill and i have also been in a cycle of doing well in tests and then messing up the following week. How can i prevent the same thing from happening?

I also feel as though due to my a levels, the school may slightly be underestimating me as they have been predicting me b's and c's based on my GCSE's. Is it wrong for me to be thinking like this and are they right?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest