The Student Room Group

BED to AAA - Ask me anything!

Hi!
With all of the stress going around about starting college, going into year 13 or even getting final A2 results, I just wanted to share a happy story, and hopefully help some others along the way :smile:

For a bit of context, I had to take an extra year of Sixth Form and am going into my third year in September. I had a lot of subject reshuffles. My lowest report was :

English language- B
English literature - E
Geology- D

Just over a year later, I have got:
English language - A (awarded)
English literature- A (predicted)
Sociology- A (predicted)

So yeah... AMA!
(edited 5 years ago)
Perhaps not the type of question you were looking for but how much did you enjoy sociology? I too got an A after exchanging it for Physics, but found the second year to be fantastically dull.
Original post by student2six
Perhaps not the type of question you were looking for but how much did you enjoy sociology? I too got an A after exchanging it for Physics, but found the second year to be fantastically dull.

It's a good question! Personally, I have only finished my first year but I am currently enjoying it, even if methods is not the most interesting thing in the world.
Unfortunately I've just not had enough A2 experience to answer your question properly, sorry!
Original post by barror1
It's a good question! Personally, I have only finished my first year but I am currently enjoying it, even if methods is not the most interesting thing in the world.
Unfortunately I've just not had enough A2 experience to answer your question properly, sorry!

Ah that’s fair enough. Yeah, I almost forgot how mundane research methods were. You’re in for a treat when you come on to looking at crime surveys and inequalities!
Reply 4
I need to get out of bed to get AAA :tongue: (lame pun i know)

Your results are fantastic btw :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Loci Pi
I need to get out of bed to get AAA :tongue: (lame pun i know)

Your results are fantastic btw :smile:

Thank you!
Unfortunately one cannot be predicted PUN :wink:
Hey congrats on such an amazing result! I was just wondering how you revise for English Literature as I've been struggling with it recently, unsure on how to revise it especially as we've been passing through topics so quickly.
Original post by SomMC1
congrats brother, I got a similar story myself - at my lowest report I had:
Economics - A -> A*
English language - B -> A*
Further Maths - D -> A*/A
Chemistry - E -> A*
That was in december time.

Got to A*,A*,A/A*,A* prediction for my application this year.

I feel the struggle & pain and disappointment but really worth the effort, good luck to you too<3

Nice! I really envy your results, I'm trying to get my literature to an A* before October in order to apply to Cambridge!
Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by barror1
Thank you!
Unfortunately one cannot be predicted PUN :wink:

If my GCSE results weren't in 9-1, my results on Thursday would probably spell out BAD :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
If my GCSE results weren't in 9-1, my results on Thursday would probably spell out BAD :smile:

Maybe, but hopefully you will get more than 3 grades! :P
Original post by barror1
Maybe, but hopefully you will get more than 3 grades! :P

I wouldn't be too sure of that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest