The Student Room Group

Should I include my C in AS physics on my CV?

It's very minor, but it looks like a stain next to my AAA at A-level and first class result in 1st and 2nd year of uni.
Reply 1
it depends on what jobs you’re applying for. if it is or could be relevant, definitely. for student jobs like cafes or whatnot i’d leave it off.
Reply 2
Original post by el474
it depends on what jobs you’re applying for. if it is or could be relevant, definitely. for student jobs like cafes or whatnot i’d leave it off.

It's for science graduate jobs that don't require physics knowledge.
Reply 3
Original post by Aranos
It's for science graduate jobs that don't require physics knowledge.

then i wouldn’t bother mate. if they ask, tell them.
Original post by Aranos
It's very minor, but it looks like a stain next to my AAA at A-level and first class result in 1st and 2nd year of uni.

Stain? Employers really don't select like that.
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
Stain? Employers really don't select like that.

Could you please explain what you mean?
Original post by Aranos
Could you please explain what you mean?

You are presumably applying for an internship or a graduate role. Employers select positively on attributes they positively want. Academically, that might be a degree classification, and for some employers it might might also include a sustained high level of academic ability, so include A level results. But employers do not 'mark' negatively, you don't lose points for having a weak additional qualification. So whatever their interest in your academic ability, AAAD is better than AAA, if irrelevantly better.
Original post by threeportdrift
You are presumably applying for an internship or a graduate role. Employers select positively on attributes they positively want. Academically, that might be a degree classification, and for some employers it might might also include a sustained high level of academic ability, so include A level results. But employers do not 'mark' negatively, you don't lose points for having a weak additional qualification. So whatever their interest in your academic ability, AAAD is better than AAA, if irrelevantly better.

I agree.
Plus a C isnt that bad a grade. I can think of worse. If you had got like an E or a U or something then yeah, but a C isnt bad.
I think you should include it - a C in AS Physics is still an additional qualification that you gained (plus a C isn't so bad!). If you don't require it for the role you are applying for, I don't see it posing a problem if you include it in your CV
Reply 9
Thanks everyone, I've decided to include it. It was just my own irrational shame of getting a C that made me hesitate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending