The Student Room Group

Should I put bad a level grades in my CV

Just got my results and I achieved an ABC and im doing a placement year for uni and was wondering if I should put them on my cv?
Those are not bad grades at all…
Reply 2
Original post by hannychica
Those are not bad grades at all…

I get that but a c on an application just looks off
Original post by Bad_.Karma
I get that but a c on an application just looks off

It might do, or it might not. It’s subjective to every employer. But a C is still respectable and your overall grade set is very good.

You don’t have to include your grades so by all means leave them off if you are bothered by the C. But there will be others with lower grades applying for placements or permanent jobs as well.
Just got my results and I achieved an ABC and im doing a placement year for uni and was wondering if I should put them on my cv?

ABC is fine to put on your CV. If you leave the grades off, the presumption is they are lower than that!

Hi!

Congratulations on your results! I've just finished my placement year. While I was applying I included my A-level grades on my CV but was never asked about them. School wasn't really brought up in interviews they preferred to focus on uni so I wouldn't worry! ABC aren't bad grades at all, I don't think it'll affect your applications!

Good luck at uni! :smile:
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Yes those are your grades, be honest about all of your qualifications. Those are not bad grades. Have more faith in yourself

Nothing wrong with those marks, will be fine on your CV, make sure that you tailor the rest of the CV to showcase your skills more if you are concerned about the grade.
A lot of jobs I apply for request that you have at least a C grade in x number of subjects. Like others have said, A, B and C grades are not bad and you should definitely put them on your CV.
(edited 5 months ago)
i would place only the grades A and B on the cv, if a C is low

i'm not sure what the employer thinks of a C
Reply 10

If I was reading your CV and you did not include the grades, I would assume you go Ds and Es. Best to include them.

Later in your career, when A-level results start becoming much less relevant, you can drop them altogether then if you want.

Hi there,

I would recommend including them for now because they are good grades; you may not have a lots of other experiences to fill the space yet and it means they can't make negative assumptions. Also, you can include them on only one line of your CV and if the rest amazing I really doubt it would put off potential employers. Plus, I am sure your university will give you their own advise and often have links with different companies so may have better knowledge than me so I wouldn't worry.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending