The Student Room Group

So what is it like

Can someone give me a little guide to what sixth form / college is like. I’ll be studying politics geog and history and will have a fair few periods. So what is sixth form like and what is the mood like, work load , difficulty etc
Reply 1
First year is pretty chill. Much better than college as class sizes mean more 1 on 1 time with teacher. However it lacks in social life as much less people to be friends with.
Second year workload ramps up a bit but as long as you stay on top of homework and schoolwork you'll be fine. Can be tricky if you get caught behind.

You should spend your free periods doing something productive i.e homework, it'll just make life less stressful
Reply 2
Original post by Gus_4
First year is pretty chill. Much better than college as class sizes mean more 1 on 1 time with teacher. However it lacks in social life as much less people to be friends with.
Second year workload ramps up a bit but as long as you stay on top of homework and schoolwork you'll be fine. Can be tricky if you get caught behind.

You should spend your free periods doing something productive i.e homework, it'll just make life less stressful

Is it better than secondary school?
Reply 3
Def8nat
Original post by mattlcfc
Is it better than secondary school?

Definitely. So much more freedom and respect. But this does come with more responsibility

Quick Reply

Latest