The Student Room Group

Managed model.com scammm beaware!!!

Wanted money for photos.

Scroll to see replies

Which company was it and did they have HQ in Manchester as well as London?
Reply 2
managedmodel.com / [email protected]@gmail.com for the paymentJP Panoramic, 5 Empson Street, London E3 3LT07793028971Beware! Scammers!
Anyone know anything about bookamodels.com Ive had one email so far and looking at their site they’re leading to paying for portfolio and have typos all over the place. Also an unprofessionally worded ‘modelling tips’ section but I can’t find anything on them and they were an ad on insta ??
Huh actually it’s the sane people 👌
Thanks for posting the address
Booking s Management
Reply 5
So was this a scam???
I’ve had an email off these people but they’ve assured me they do not need any payment for photos? Does this change when you go for a test shoot?They’re called bookings management and their website link it’s amazed models .comIS this the same company
Reply 7
Did you find out about this? I have a photo shoot booked with them and am a bit worried that it might not be a legit company.
So they take a few photos of you which they don’t give to you . However kind of blackmail you afterward to pay £200 or else will not put your application fwd and will delete your photo . Waste of time .They conning so many people. 4 hours wait to get photo taken .
So they take a few photos of you which they don’t give to you . However kind of blackmail you afterward to pay £200 or else will not put your application fwd and will delete your photo . Waste of time .They conning so many people. 4 hours wait to get photo taken .No make up artist
So they take a few photos of you which they don’t give to you . However kind of blackmail you afterward to pay £200 or else will not put your application fwd and will delete your photo . Waste of time .They conning so many people. 4 hours wait to get photo taken .No make up artist !!!
I called them and had this discussion with them. Saying that I’d read online about it all. They’ve assured me the decision to put them forward is regardless of whether we purchase a portfolio. Mine is for a child though so maybe it’s different? Their studio is in Manchester. I will let you all know tomorrow. I won’t be paying £200 for anything which I’ve told them over the phone and they seemed to think it was ok!
However I have also received a reply from Bizzy Kids who are asking for 180 upfront and I know Bizzy kids are a reputable company.
I have found a Facebook page where bookamodels, amazedmodels and bookings management (all the same) are on there as a scam company. After googling their studio in Manchester it does not come up at all in searches but the place they say their at its actually up for rent on right move and says all units are available? Which set some alarm bells off, please be careful guys.
Original post by Adele3223
I have found a Facebook page where bookamodels, amazedmodels and bookings management (all the same) are on there as a scam company. After googling their studio in Manchester it does not come up at all in searches but the place they say their at its actually up for rent on right move and says all units are available? Which set some alarm bells off, please be careful guys.

thanks for this, i got emails and texts from amazedmodels.
Hi there AdeleWere they based in Overbridge Rd Salford? Known as Bookings Management? or Modelstandard.com? Northern Model Management? I have a test shoot booked next week and would like to know if they are legit? Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks 😀
Reply 16
Hi I signed up to amazedmodels.com back in November and I got invited for a test shoot in Manchester in a studio but I couldn't get the review of my images as I had to go back as they said they were moving to overbridge studios and when I went there I was waiting for about an hour until this man called me in the room and said this modelling agency wanted me and that I had to pay 400 pound for a portfolio website and disc but I didnt think anything off it as I thought this was all true.
What happened after you paid the £400?
Reply 18
I got my website and disc with images on he said that it was meant to be 600 pound at first but he had an idea that I couldn't afford that as no one told me before I went there was any money involved so I was a bit shocked at first when he told me how much it was and I was going to go back another day and pay it and he said that I wouldn't get my website or images if I didnt pay.
So now you have a website? Did they give you any work? Do you mind showing the website?

Quick Reply

Latest