The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Foundation year entry requirements

Please don't mind my spelling in the title, I couldn't see the box on my phone 🙈
Hi, I have phoned bradford university today for info on been accepted onto their foundation year in social sciences. The man I spoke to on the phone said I would need A level or equivalent, however i thought A levels weren't always required for this course. The website states minimum of G.C.S.E but not much else.
Does anyone have any info??
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Zanna1990
Please don't mind my spelling in the title, I couldn't see the box on my phone 🙈
Hi, I have phoned bradford university today for info on been accepted onto their foundation year in social sciences. The man I spoke to on the phone said I would need A level or equivalent, however i thought A levels weren't always required for this course. The website states minimum of G.C.S.E but not much else.

I have had a look and in one way you are correct there is no A level stated level.

https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/social-sciences-management-foundation/#nav-course-entry

You need to contact them again or look what their offer is.

What some unis do is they remove the offer details to get people to ring in and then they see if they have enough qualifications to offer a place. Its a trick to get you interested, but also a sign of flexibility.

The only people who can tell you is their admissions or wait to see what your offer is.

If I were in the position then I would choose an Access course rather than be rushing to try and get into any university because it makes more financial sense. It doesnt use your limited HE funding and you can also get it written off.

Not as exciting as going to uni but makes more sense imo.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Hello :smile:

The entry requirements for the Foundation Year in Social Sciences and Management, which will soon be renamed and will provide progression to many subjects including most Engineering, Health and Science undergraduate courses is 80 UCAS points plus GCSE English at a grade C/4.

However we will consider applications from mature students who have significant life experience on a case by case basis.

We may or may not alter the entry requirements during Clearing but most undergraduate students will need level 3 qualifications to be considered.

I hope this helps!

Joe
Reply 3
I have a level 3 award in education and training, however this is not recognised by ucas I also have a level 3 certificate in Youth work that I undertook through a previous job with kirklees coincil by an independent company, however I have no longer got proof and try as have i can't get a duplicate, i can however get a signed letter from a my previous line manager, however this wpuld not be recognised by UCAS either.Could you give me examples of life experience please??Thanks for your previous message.Zanna
I have a level 3 award in education and training, however this is not recognised by ucas I also have a level 3 certificate in Youth work that I undertook through a previous job with kirklees coincil by an independent company, however I have no longer got proof and try as have i can't get a duplicate, i can however get a signed letter from a my previous line manager, however this wpuld not be recognised by UCAS either.Could you give me examples of life experience please??Thanks for your previous message.Zanna

Hi :smile:

Life experience could be from a number of things and is not limited to work experience. it could be about voluntary work that you have undertaken, or personal interests that you have invested significant time into.

Please email our admissions team with a list of your qualifications, plus any of the information above and the course you are interested in and they will advise on your suitability for the course - you can contact them on [email protected]

If we are unable to consider you for the foundation year, then you should perhaps look into the Access course mentioned above with a view to direct entry on to the undergraduate degree of your choice.

Cheers!

Joe
Fixed this for you now.:smile: :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending