The Student Room Group

Changing my course

Hi,I am currently starting my course for civil engineering with foundation year and wanted to change to a finance degree and was wondering if i can change my course before my civil engineering course starts.
Original post by HV_2102
Hi,I am currently starting my course for civil engineering with foundation year and wanted to change to a finance degree and was wondering if i can change my course before my civil engineering course starts.

That's a question for your university. If there is space on the course you want to join, and if you meet the entry requirements for that course, then they'll likely allow the change in course. If not, they won't.

Most unis have a section on their web site which describes the process (from whom you need permission, the form you need to fill out, where it needs to be sent, etc.).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
That's a question for your university. If there is space on the course you want to join, and if you meet the entry requirements for that course, then they'll likely allow the change in course. If not, they won't.

Most unis have a section on their web site which describes the process (from whom you need permission, the form you need to fill out, where it needs to be sent, etc.).

what if i dont meet the requirements but they have spaces. Would there be a chance that i get in
Also, the course i want to change doesn't include foundation year but the course i applied to do have foundation year.
Original post by HV_2102
what if i dont meet the requirements but they have spaces. Would there be a chance that i get in

Unlikely. It doesn't do any harm to ask, but expect it to be a polite, "No".

Original post by HV_2102
Also, the course i want to change doesn't include foundation year but the course i applied to do have foundation year.

The foundation year vs. non-foundation year thing isn't an issue. It's the fact that you don't meet the entry requirements of the course you're trying to join.

Quick Reply

Latest