The Student Room Group

Applying for Architecture with a foundation year?

I’ve applied to Architecture with a foundation year, and I was just wondering how the application process would be like since I’ve applied for a foundation year. Is there still additional requirements for my application?
Original post by Zexade-18
I’ve applied to Architecture with a foundation year, and I was just wondering how the application process would be like since I’ve applied for a foundation year. Is there still additional requirements for my application?

A foundation year mean two things:
1. Lower entry requirements.
2. An extra year (and hence extra cost, both in terms of tuition fees and livings costs).

That's it. Most Architecture degrees will want you to provide a portfolio of creative work, but that's not specific to foundation year entry. Make sure you check the entry requirements on the web site of each uni to which you've applied.

Also note that a foundation year is not generally transferable. I mention this because lots of people assume otherwise. (This means that you can't use the foundation year as "currency" to switch uni.)
Reply 2
I don’t plan on using the foundation year as a “currency” to switch unis. The university I’ve applied for didn’t seem to have extra additional requirements on their website however on the email I received this morning it stated Please note that entry onto this course is dependent upon successfully meeting the entry requirements, including the successful completion of an Interview or Audition.” So I’m really unsure that’s why I made this post. I was told by my careers officer that they won’t be requiring extra since we looked into all the websites together.
I don’t plan on using the foundation year as a “currency” to switch unis. The university I’ve applied for didn’t seem to have extra additional requirements on their website however on the email I received this morning it stated Please note that entry onto this course is dependent upon successfully meeting the entry requirements, including the successful completion of an Interview or Audition.” So I’m really unsure that’s why I made this post. I was told by my careers officer that they won’t be requiring extra since we looked into all the websites together.

An audition for architecture? Which uni is this?
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
An audition for architecture? Which uni is this?

This was the University of Wolverhampton
(edited 3 months ago)
This was the University of Wolverhampton

My guess is that they're referring to their "Prepare for Foundation Assessment Days". They say here that these are "mandatory to the application process should you not meet a minimum of 48 UCAS points." The implication being that if you do meet a minimum of 48 UCAS points, then these are not mandatory.

I suggest that you contact them and ask for further information with respect to the "Interview or Audition".
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
My guess is that they're referring to their "Prepare for Foundation Assessment Days". They say here that these are "mandatory to the application process should you not meet a minimum of 48 UCAS points." The implication being that if you do meet a minimum of 48 UCAS points, then these are not mandatory.

I suggest that you contact them and ask for further information with respect to the "Interview or Audition".

Thank you that makes so much more sense now, I’ll prob check with them also just incase.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending