The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Regrets

I moved to another school for sixth form but today i phoned my orginal school and they said its full and you’re unable to come back. I feel like this is a regret i made as all my friends are in that school and in the new school i havent really truly made a friend, just talking to people here and there.
I'm sorry to hear your news, I hope it gets better soon. Is your course right through?
I can partially relate having moved schools for sixth form but I had no choice as my school's sixth shut. I am struggling to make friends as everyone in my new sixth is already in their friendship groups.
I suppose if it really doesn't work out is there a possibility of another different sixth form where you could try to start again but inevitably you will still be friends with your old friends and it will be ok and you will do successfully you have just got to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps. Feel free to rant on this thread if that helps relieve stress and anger as I Know it would for me.
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyDare
I'm sorry to hear your news, I hope it gets better soon. Is your course right through?
I can partially relate having moved schools for sixth form but I had no choice as my school's sixth shut. I am struggling to make friends as everyone in my new sixth is already in their friendship groups.
I suppose if it really doesn't work out is there a possibility of another different sixth form where you could try to start again but inevitably you will still be friends with your old friends and it will be ok and you will do successfully you have just got to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps. Feel free to rant on this thread if that helps relieve stress and anger as I Know it would for me.

Yeah i just feel sad because of this. I’m just thinking why i would even move in the first place and i have no one to blame it was all my choice. I was like before, even if i dont make any friends i dont care it’s about education but im realising how i actually do want my friends and dont want to go through 2 years of sixth form in despair.
Same, I moved sixth form mostly because my old school was too far and when I talk to my old friends I do feel sad because I miss everyone and I miss having people around me that get me and I genuinely have fun with, but I just keep thinking its 2 years and I have to remind myself that I am only remembering the good stuff and not the reasons why I left, you should probably do the same. Just focus on the end goal and you're not alone, Im going through the same thing. Feel free to PM me xx
Reply 4
Original post by so5tired758
Same, I moved sixth form mostly because my old school was too far and when I talk to my old friends I do feel sad because I miss everyone and I miss having people around me that get me and I genuinely have fun with, but I just keep thinking its 2 years and I have to remind myself that I am only remembering the good stuff and not the reasons why I left, you should probably do the same. Just focus on the end goal and you're not alone, Im going through the same thing. Feel free to PM me xx

I just desperately want to move back but i decided solely on stats of the schools and didnt take other factors into consideration. Im like 98% sure im unable to move back but yeah...

Quick Reply

Latest