The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Totally agree :frown:
Original post by ckmartin17
paper 1 was so nice and actually HUMAN BIOLOGYpaper 2 was a complete joke - revised like mad to know the knowledge and it ended up being nothing like any part of any unit. Need a B and I doubt ill get it - Really hope they notice how much everyone struggled with the second paper and change the grade boundaries!!
I would even accept them making a new paper that actually reflects the course and making us sit it again😂
It would be quite nice if they actually included paper 2 with partial biology in it, say... 70% biology, instead of 95% problem solving and 5% biology questions. 🤔

The % aren’t the exact measurements of the paper... it’s just what I feel like it represents... I’m not good with problem solving so the % scales may be a bit off.

But, yeah! Here’s hoping they’re lowering the grade boundaries. I’ve not came across anyone who found paper 2.

My friend was always good at biology, throughout Nat5 and through to higher. She was predicted A*, and even she found paper 2 extremely difficult.
Original post by Pommymommy
It would be quite nice if they actually included paper 2 with partial biology in it, say... 70% biology, instead of 95% problem solving and 5% biology questions. 🤔

The % aren’t the exact measurements of the paper... it’s just what I feel like it represents... I’m not good with problem solving so the % scales may be a bit off.

But, yeah! Here’s hoping they’re lowering the grade boundaries. I’ve not came across anyone who found paper 2.

My friend was always good at biology, throughout Nat5 and through to higher. She was predicted A*, and even she found paper 2 extremely difficult.

She’s the kinda girl whom I was able to- fire any biology question at, and would answer it correctly.
Paper 1 was honestly quite nice. It was ACTUAL biology. Meanwhile, paper 2 was an absolute mess. The questions were so confusing, was it even biology?? And other questions were so stupid!! "Why was videoing the flea better?" (or whatever it asked) idfc ask me PROPER BIOLOGY PLEASE, i don't give a damn. Also, how negative feedback INCREASES concentration? Pls tell me i wasn't the only one who didn't know how to answer that. Gotta say the essay question was just about the only good thing in paper 2. The fact that I(and a lot of others probably) actually spent time to study the general knowledge and barely any of it came up is humiliating.
It’s just the same as decreasing but in reverse? Low levels of testosterone remove the inhibitory effect on the pituitary gland, which is able to increase ICSH secretion to stimulate interstitial cells to produce testosterone, increasing testosterone levels? Or have I missed something...?
Original post by Human02
Paper 1 was honestly quite nice. It was ACTUAL biology. Meanwhile, paper 2 was an absolute mess. The questions were so confusing, was it even biology?? And other questions were so stupid!! "Why was videoing the flea better?" (or whatever it asked) idfc ask me PROPER BIOLOGY PLEASE, i don't give a damn. Also, how negative feedback INCREASES concentration? Pls tell me i wasn't the only one who didn't know how to answer that. Gotta say the essay question was just about the only good thing in paper 2. The fact that I(and a lot of others probably) actually spent time to study the general knowledge and barely any of it came up is humiliating.
Paper 1 was too easy but Paper 2 was mostly problem solving which i am bad at so i think i failed but i really needed an A on this
Original post by Pommymommy
How did your exam go? I think I’ve bombed it tbh. Despite knowing the KU of the course inside/out. What a waste of time, that was when it was all problem solving 🤦🏻*♀️

Dreading to resit but I need this higher...
Ahh that's true. I did right about how an increase was triggered but I don't know if I explained it :// I think I must've missed something ahah
Reply 188
I found paper 1 so much worse, i was super nervous and messed up so many of them. paper two was full of so many long answer ones it was a terrible paper overall ugh nothing like any of the past papers!!
3772B1B7-7736-4C77-81DE-1E5546EBB346.jpg.jpeg
I really really didn’t like paper 2. Need an A as well 😫
Original post by Joviality
I really really didn’t like paper 2. Need an A as well 😫

Paper 2 was the ****ing devil
Where's the petition?
its on the article
Original post by MontyJam13
Where's the petition?
Thanks!
the petition is actually here.
http://chng.it/74qTk7bWLg