The Student Room Group

A GCSE students journey to (hopefully) A*s

Hi everyone

I'm Jack. I'm starting this GYG in the hope that I can boost my productivity to achieve the GCSE grades I want and hopefully motivate some of you guys as well. I'll be updating this thread weekly so it should give me a reason to do something useful during the week. So anyway a bit about me...

The subjects I'm taking and grades I'm hoping to achieve in them

Spoiler

Maths I can confidently get a 9 in. I've already done the FMSQ which I got an A and I did my A-level maths early and got an A*. But with doing things early and in a very unorganised way I feel like I've missed out some key concepts from GCSE and A-level; nothing that will affect my grades but I think it could comeback to bite me later on if I don't fully understand everything so I'm going to go through the whole GCSE and A-level syllabuses again and make sure I understand everything fully.
I'm currently doing AEA in maths lessons at school. I don't think it's run as an exam anymore but it's fun and should provide good prep for MAT and STEP which I want to do in sixth-form.
English Lit is a struggle. I find it really boring so its difficult to motivate myself to put all my effort into it but I think I can reach an 8 with consistent hard work.
Spanish is another hard subject for me. I want to take it at A-level but I'm struggling as it is right now. I enjoy it but trying to memorise all the vocab and different tenses can get quite tedious.

Anyway what about my mock grades

Spoiler

So now you know what I'm doing now what about the future
A-levels and Uni

Spoiler

Will probably teach myself additional further maths as well as my school doesn't run either of the further pure modules or further mechanics which are the areas of maths I enjoy the most and I want to go on to study engineering at uni. I also want to do STEP in year 13. Idk if this is overstretching myself though but I've got plenty of time to decide exactly what I'm doing.

Right now I'm just going to focus on my GCSEs. I also want to try some of the UKMT problems for maths as I feel like this could really boost my problem solving skills and they look pretty fun.
Anyway I'll be updating this weekly to yet you guys know how things are going and hopefully you'll gain something from my journey as well!
Ngl youre kinda inspiring me to work harder in maths coz I tend to struggle in it but u find it so "fun" and seemingly easier than the rest lol
Saaafe
I keep coming across maths wizards this day! (surely there's a wizard emote somewhere?) Tag me please!
Good luck xx
I really want to get a 9 in gcse maths and i think i can but i always make stupid mistakes. What do you do to revise for maths and how did you get your 9 in your mocks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending