The Student Room Group

Resits (2018-19)

I didn't get some of the grades that I wanted at GCSE: 1A*, 1A, 5B's and 2C's (new 9-1 grading system). This meant that I couldn't do the A-levels that I wanted to so, I want to resit some of them. I talked to my 6th form and they said that by the time that I had finished the resits it would be too late to go onto their course and I didn't inquire with my secondary school early enough. Also, I've heard that you can only resit English Literature and Maths so, I'm a bit in the dark about what to do if I can do anything at all. And yes, I know that this should probably be on a GCSE forum but I'm just trying to widen the search.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
maybe consider going to college where they take lower gcse grades? I understand your reasoning for resittimg English and maths if your grades are lower than B,but other then that id focus on your a levels. Its goimg to be sooo much work otherwise. Some universties don't even regard gcse results that highly
I have more info about GCSE on my As survival guide thread
Reply 3
Original post by jasminealiexx
I have more info about GCSE on my As survival guide thread

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't inquire at any other colleges as I had foolishly only applied to one (the one with the highest entry criteria). I think that I'm going to leave the sixth form that I'm currently at, retake my GCSE's and then enrol next year.

Quick Reply

Latest