The Student Room Group

Accouting and finance

Hello guys, I am currently in college and I wanted to do accounting and finance but I am not very good at maths as I have failed it before but I have now passed it do you guys think I should do accounting?
What university?
Original post by Someone_133
Hello guys, I am currently in college and I wanted to do accounting and finance but I am not very good at maths as I have failed it before but I have now passed it do you guys think I should do accounting?
What university?

You don't need to be amazing at Maths to do accounting, but it helps to have a basic grasp. A lot of it is done using computers, software and calculators these days! As to whether it is right for you, have you considered trying to get some work experience or shadowing done at a local accountants? It can give you an insight into what kind of work is done and gives you a chance to ask any questions about pursuing it as a career.

To do accounting, you could look at different university courses that match your predicted grades and see if they interest you. You could also apply for an entry-level finance role and work your way up, or you could look at college leaver schemes where they would train you and pay you at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending