The Student Room Group

How to structure a 12 mark question

Does anyone know how to structure a 12 mark question in History? The question is “Explain how were the Weimar Government able to survive the challenges between 1919-1923'
Reply 1
This looks like it is for the second question in Edexcel's third paper for history. I got full marks for this question in the exam (albeit mine was actually for the Option 33 paper).

I'd first write an introduction explaining the three points that you are about to make (all three of which warrant their own separate paragraph). This should be clear and concise. The first two will probably be derived from the prompts provided, while the third will be your own knowledge.

Each paragraph should begin by briefly stating the point in a single sentence. Then you should explain what specifically about this point links to the question (in this case, how the particular event or person assisted the Weimar government in surviving the challenges between 1919 and 1923). More or less the 'how' and 'why,' which will be the bulk of your paragraphs.

I would also end with a conclusion condensing all of the aforementioned points, and possibly linking the three to a main theme if you can, which apparently shows some sophistication in your answer.

I hope this helped to a reasonable degree aha. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending