The Student Room Group

Drama Portfolio

Heya! I'm in year 10 and I'm currently doing my drama portfolio- component one. I have to finish question 4, can anyone give me some tips and sentence starters for this? I struggle a lot with starting.. id really appreciate it :smile:
Hey! Which exam board are you with? I'm also not quite sure what you mean by question 4 - could you specify please?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous0305
Hey! Which exam board are you with? I'm also not quite sure what you mean by question 4 - could you specify please?

Ooh sorry for the late message/how unspecific this was loll- I'm doing Edexcel!
By question 4, do you mean the 20 mark question?
The few questions are normally about stage layouts, position of actors or jobs/roles of different acting things (like stage manager, theatre manager, director, actor, makeup artist etc).

The next question is a 4 mark design question either about costume or setting (in the play that you are studying) and how you would structure/design it to fit the scene.

Then an 8 mark question about how you'd perform the role of a character and why on a few lines.

Then it's a 12 mark acting question where you describe how you would perform the role of a character and why from a small extract.

Then a 20 mark question where you describe how you would perform the role of a character and why from a bigger extract and other parts of the text.

Then there's the big 32 mark question which is where you either write about setting or acting of a live performance which you saw.

I hope this helps, I don't do a portfolio in drama, but this is how the paper is structured.

Original post by Snuzzru
Ooh sorry for the late message/how unspecific this was loll- I'm doing Edexcel!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Yeah!! Thank you so much, I have my mock coming up in a week and i still dont really know how to do it lol- I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending