The Student Room Group

GSK 2019 entry

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone has applied to GSK. How are your applications going?

I'm onto the stage 3 'working on the job simulation's but there's literally minimal information I can find.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've applied to the consumer health graduate scheme. I'm in the same position as you, I can't find anything about the video interview online and am super hesitant to complete it. When has your interview to be completed by? Also, what scheme have you applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by claudia-mck
Hey, I've applied to the consumer health graduate scheme. I'm in the same position as you, I can't find anything about the video interview online and am super hesitant to complete it. When has your interview to be completed by? Also, what scheme have you applied for?

I have just completed it, it was a nightmare. The numerical stuff I only answered 4/5. SJT some were tricky and video questions i felt i was talking too fast.

I applied for research and development: consumer healthcare
Reply 3
Original post by stulfc
I have just completed it, it was a nightmare. The numerical stuff I only answered 4/5. SJT some were tricky and video questions i felt i was talking too fast.

Hey, about to embark on the challenge of doing the job sim too. Was wondering if you could give some insight, e.g. the format and what kind of vid questions they ask (why firm or more scenario based/strenght based)
Reply 4
Original post by Tencai
Hey, about to embark on the challenge of doing the job sim too. Was wondering if you could give some insight, e.g. the format and what kind of vid questions they ask (why firm or more scenario based/strenght based)

It isn't too long so you get given a mixture of numerical/ sjt and video responses. I think there were 2-3 responses that need to be recorded and 1 of which is scenario based while the other is competency based.
That being said, it may depend on what you have applied for.
Reply 5
Original post by stulfc
It isn't too long so you get given a mixture of numerical/ sjt and video responses. I think there were 2-3 responses that need to be recorded and 1 of which is scenario based while the other is competency based.
That being said, it may depend on what you have applied for.

ahh thanks very much, I applied for the finance role.
Reply 6
Original post by stulfc
Hey,

Was wondering if anyone has applied to GSK. How are your applications going?

I'm onto the stage 3 'working on the job simulation's but there's literally minimal information I can find.

Is this for a job or work experience?
Reply 7
Original post by MKaur18
Is this for a job or work experience?

I've applied for their graduate scheme
Reply 8
Original post by stulfc
I've applied for their graduate scheme

Have you done work experience there before?
Reply 9
Original post by MKaur18
Have you done work experience there before?

Never
Original post by stulfc

I also thought it was horrible. I only answered 3 numerical questions, i did not have time to even read the other 2. Even though i practiced, I also felt like I was talking too fast/too much.
Reply 11
Original post by steph_95
I also thought it was horrible. I only answered 3 numerical questions, i did not have time to even read the other 2. Even though i practiced, I also felt like I was talking too fast/too much.

I've just checked my portal and I have failed stage 3.
Sorry to hear that stulfc, it was such a difficult application process. I have still to find out whether I have passed. However, I have accepted that I have most likely failed to get to the assessment centre.

Has anyone else heard back regarding their application?

Best of luck guys
Has anyone heard anything regarding this scheme lately?
I got asked to complete a 1-way video interview by this Tuesday (31st) - assigned on Friday.

Did it, 2 questions each with 1 minute to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. It was so stressful, not going to lie. I made sure to do the practice questions too so that I can get used to seeing my face on the screen but I was still nervous when time came to actually do the video interview.

Just waiting to hear back now!
Reply 15
I finished the 1-way video last Friday, I am waiting to hear back as well.
although I am not applying the FLP in the UK, it's good to share my inner restlessness here :smile:
I'm also waiting to hear back. When I originally completed my one-way video my internet connection dropped at the very last minute so it wasn't sent to GSK. Fortunately, they allowed me to redo it. However, second time round my nerves got the better of me and I don't think I done very well.

Ah well, I guess all that's left to do is wait.....
Reply 17
hahahahha I guess no one would be as impatient as me. I even sent an email to the early talent recruitment team and asked about when I would expect the outcome. of course they wont reply hahh :')
Original post by stulfc
I've just checked my portal and I have failed stage 3.

How did you know that you failed stage 3 ? What is your application status then ?
Reply 19
Original post by phantramy7
How did you know that you failed stage 3 ? What is your application status then ?

The portal updated it, having reviewed your scores... but I got no feedback whatsoever. I even emailed GSK and they said ask HireVue who then mentioned they were a 3rd party company so GSK would give you feedback.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending